Follow this guide to become a Humana Vision Plan provider.
In order to become a Humana provider, you must first:
- Get your optometry license (see our guide that gives step-by-step instructions on how to get your optometry license in each state)
- Find a place to practice
- Get liability insurance
- Obtain your NPI number
- Begin the medicare enrollment process (see our 41 Step Guide to Become a Medicare Provider w/ Screenshots)
- Register with CAQH
See this in-depth guide for additional guidance on satisfying these core requirements. You’ll need to satisfy these requirements to become a provider with nearly every medical or vision plan.
For guidance on applying to additional plans, check out our in-depth Optometrist Credentialing Guide.
Steps to join Humana Vision Plan
1. Call the credentialing department
Call Humana’s credentialing department directly at 866-374-8805.
They will take some basic information from you and then either have a representative call you directly or email you the paperwork you need.
Be sure to have both of these ready:
- Tax ID Number (TIN) aka Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Your CAQH number
2. Complete the paperwork
Once you get the paperwork, complete it and wait for a response. This should take no longer than a few weeks.
If you are having problems or have questions, call Humana Provider Relations at 1-800-626-2741.
FAQs about Humana Vision Plan
- If you are an associate or independent contractor in a practice, ask the owner for the TIN and EIN.
- If you are a solo practitioner in your own practice, you will need to apply for a TIN/EIN number. Click here to go to the IRS website.
- Here is their website: http://www.humanavisioncare.com/
- Humana Vision Plan Provider Relations Phone Number: 1-800-626-2741
- Humana Vision Plan Credentialing Department Phone Number: 1-866-374-8805
Do you have any questions about this? Our team will help you if you post in the comments below! You will need to register or login.
Note: The author of the content you just read put in lots of work to provide you with this article. Even though we try our best, there is no guarantee the article is error free. CovalentCareers, its sponsors, advertisers, staff and writers make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that this article and its contents are error-free and will bear no responsibility or liability for the results or consequences of the information contained within.
Step-by-step credentialing guides
The credentialing process for different insurance plans varies quite a bit. Some plans are relatively simple and others require much more work. The below guides walk you through the process for the most common vision and medical insurance plans.
- 41 Step Guide to Become a Medicare Provider w/ Screenshots
- How Optometrists join Medicare as an Independent Contractor 1099
- The Complete Medicare Resource List
- How to Become an AETNA Provider
- How to Become an AlwaysCare Provider
- How to Become a Blue Shield of California Provider
- How to Become a Davis Vision Provider
- How to Become an EyeBenefits Provider
- How to Become an Eyemed Provider
- How to Become an EyeQuest Provider
- How to Become a FEDVIP Provider
- How to Become a Humana Vision Provider
- How to Become a Humana Medical Provider
- How to Become a Spectera Provider
- How to Become a United Health Care Provider
- How to Become a Vision Plan of America Provider
- How to Become a Vision Benefits of America Provider
- How to Become a VSP Provider