Vision Benefits of America (VBA) is a vision and dental insurance company available in all 50 states to individuals, employers and brokers. Follow the steps below to become a credentialed provider.
Step 1: Complete the introductory requirements
In order to become a VBA provider, you must:
- Get your optometry license (see our guide that gives step-by-step instructions on how to get your optometry license in each state)
- Find a place to practice
- Get liability insurance: $1 million per occurrence, $3 million aggregate
- Obtain your NPI number
- Begin the medicare enrollment process (see our 41 Step Guide to Become a Medicare Provider w/ Screenshots)
- Register with CAQH
See this in-depth guide for additional guidance on satisfying these core requirements. You’ll need to satisfy these requirements to become a provider with nearly every medical or vision plan.
Step 2: Visit Vision Benefits of America's website
- Visit VBA Website
- Click “Join the Network” on left hand side of screen
- Click “Contact Us” for listing of contact options
- Email email@example.com requesting provider application and participating provider agreement
- Credentialing with VBA may take up to 60 days.
- Ensure your CAQH is accurate to expedite this process
- Respond to requests for additional information from VBA or Aperture Credentialing, LLC
- Once your file is reviewed and accepted by VBA, you are a participating provider.
- Wait to receive VBA account info
- Start seeing VBA patients
The author of the content you just read worked hard to provide you with this article. Even though we try our best, there is no guarantee that the article is error-free. CovalentCareers, its sponsors, advertisers, staff and writers make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that this article and its contents are error-free and will bear no responsibility or liability for the results or consequences of the information contained within.
Step-by-step credentialing guides
The credentialing process for different insurance plans varies quite a bit. Some plans are relatively simple and others require much more work. The below guides walk you through the process for the most common vision and medical insurance plans.
- 41 Step Guide to Become a Medicare Provider w/ Screenshots
- How Optometrists join Medicare as an Independent Contractor 1099
- The Complete Medicare Resource List
- How to Become an AETNA Provider
- How to Become an AlwaysCare Provider
- How to Become a Blue Shield of California Provider
- How to Become a Davis Vision Provider
- How to Become an EyeBenefits Provider
- How to Become an Eyemed Provider
- How to Become an EyeQuest Provider
- How to Become a FEDVIP Provider
- How to Become a Humana Vision Provider
- How to Become a Humana Medical Provider
- How to Become a Spectera Provider
- How to Become a United Health Care Provider
- How to Become a Vision Plan of America Provider
- How to Become a Vision Benefits of America Provider
- How to Become a VSP Provider