Here are some basic guidelines on how to join the Davis Vision network as an optometrist.
Step 1: Complete the introductory requirements
In order to become a Davis Vision provider, you must:
- Get your optometry license (see our guide that gives step-by-step instructions on how to get your optometry license in each state)
- Find a place to practice
- Get liability insurance
- Obtain your NPI number
- Begin the medicare enrollment process (see our 41 Step Guide to Become a Medicare Provider w/ Screenshots)
- Register with CAQH
See this in-depth guide
for additional guidance on satisfying these core requirements. You’ll need to satisfy these requirements to become a provider with nearly every medical or vision plan.
Step 2: Start the application process
Step 3: Fill out the form
Submit the form as indicated. You'll be asked to provide information about yourself (e.g., name, NPI number) and your practice. You'll be asked whether your practice is an existing Davis Vision provider.
Step 4: Wait for a response
Davis Vision will contact you requesting additional information including:
- Application Form
- Participating Provider Agreement
- W9 Form
- Copy of All Current State Registrations
- Copy of DEA Certificate If Applicable
- Copy of CSR Certificate If Applicable
- Copy of CV or Resume
- Copy of Current Malpractice Insurance
- Professional Letter of Reference
Complete the information and provide all necessary documentation and forms.
Step 5: Wait up to 180 days
Davis Vision will contact you once you have been successfully credentialed.
Note: The author of the content you just read worked hard to provide you with this article. Even though we try our best, there is no guarantee the article is error free. CovalentCareers, its sponsors, advertisers, staff and writers make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that this article and its contents are error-free and will bear no responsibility or liability for the results or consequences of the information contained within.
Step-by-step credentialing guides
The credentialing process for different insurance plans varies quite a bit. Some plans are relatively simple and others require much more work. The below guides walk you through the process for the most common vision and medical insurance plans.