On Thursday, May 23rd, we hosted a YouTube Live with Dr. Arian Fartash to discuss how to start a frame line!
Many of us I am sure have thought about starting our own frame lines. As optometrists, we've got plenty of experience on what makes a great frame, and what is important when it comes to lenses. When it comes to style, well that might be a bit more subjective!
When it comes to figuring out how to start a frame line, the first question that always surfaces is, "How do I even get started?"
When it came to choosing sunglasses for kids, Dr. Arian Fartash felt children should be have both style and protection.
Keep children's eyes safe from UV exposure without sacrificing style was the main force in encouraging Dr. Fartash to start her own frame line, GlamBaby™
, a frame line that specializes in sunglasses for kids which is now available at Nordstrom!
Dr. Fartash, will talk about her primary motivation in developing a frame line specializing on sunglasses for kids, and will discuss the nuts and bolts of how to start a frame line.
We talked about about:
- Why sunglasses for kids
- What is required to get started
- How do you go about creating designs
- How do you source manufacturers and what to look out for
- Is the process for lenses any different than for frames
- How to create a brand around your frame line and why that is important
- Deciding on where and who to make them available
- How to market it and get set up for e-commerce
- And we'll be taking all of your questions!
If you are interested in starting your own frame line, now is your chance to learn from an expert and ask any questions you have!