- Brennan NA, Coles C. Supporting Data Linking Coefficient of Friction and Soft Contact Lens Comfort. Contact Lens Anterior Eye. 2013; 36(s2): E10.doi:10.1016/ j.clae.2013.08.040.
- JJV Data on File 2020. Coefficient of Friction of ACUVUE® Oasys Brand Contact Lenses (2-Week and Daily Disposable) Compared to the Human Cornea.
- The Journal of Cornea and External Disease. 2001. https://bit.ly/3nWAygd Accessed December 2012.
Published in Contact Lens
Love at First Fit: ACUVUE® OASYS 1-DAY For 1st Time Wearers
This post is sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Vision
Now there's a lens that can provide comfort—even after 8+ hours of screen time.
TODAY'S VISUAL DEMANDS
With today’s Gen Z patients averaging 8+ hours or more per day in front of a screen,1 it’s no wonder they’re experiencing more dryness and eye fatigue.
In fact, 71% of practices reported an increase in patients with screen-related issues that affect their vision and eye health.2
During screen time, we blink 60% less on average3,4—but your young wearers may be more likely to blame irritation on the contacts you prescribe than on their phones and laptops, leading to unwanted contact lens dropout rates.
A LENS FOR GEN Z
There’s a lens that can actually keep up with the next generation, a lens that can provide superior comfort—even after a full day of texting, working on a laptop, or a streaming video binge—ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology.
In a recent clinical trial of daily disposable contact lens wearers who use digital devices for 8+ hours, ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day lenses were superior in comfort and at reducing dryness and irritation.5
When you fit your patients with ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day lenses, you won’t just be giving new wearers better vision—you’ll also be prescribing comfort.
THE HYDRALUXE® DIFFERENCE
That’s because ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day lenses can fight the challenge of today’s digital demands with HydraLuxe® Technology.
Thanks to a proprietary design that mimics the natural properties of tears,6 your patients will experience minimal eye fatigue and sharper vision from the very beginning facilitating love at first fit.
Unlike water-based contact lenses, HydraLuxe® Technology integrates essential, tear-like components into the lens so it stays lubricated all day for easy, friction-free blinking,7 even when staring at a screen.8
Utilizing a unique blend of hydrated silicone, tear-like molecules, and abundant moisture, these lenses are superior to traditional contacts because they mimic the eye’s natural, lubricating abilities.
Inherent to patient comfort is an embedded network of mucin-like molecules that work with the natural mucin in the tear film to evenly spread lipid layers across the lens for a smooth, refractive surface and a luxurious feel all day long.
RUGGED ENOUGH FOR REAL LIFE
You know that even if a contact lens provides excellent vision correction in theory, real life is much different.
ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day are technically designed to provide sumptuous comfort despite the rugged demands of a digitally-dependent culture.
Even after 18 hours of simulated wear in a comparative, in vitro, time-course study that cycled between tear-like fluid and air, lenses such as PRECISION1® demonstrated 20 times more friction than ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day lenses.9
^ Using t-test on least-square mans from the linear mixed model. Adjusted for multiplicity. JJV data on file, 2020.
** TLF = tear like fluid
FOR PATIENTS WHO HAVE ASTIGMATISM
There’s an ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day for them as well.
BLINK STABILIZED® Design10 harnesses the natural power of the eyelids to restore horizontal and vertical symmetry of the lens when blinking to minimize lens rotation and lower lid interaction.
In fact, 91% of patients agree that ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day for ASTIGMATISM11 allows them to experience clear, consistent vision, even when using digital devices.
This is a sharp contrast to traditional prism-ballast and peri-ballast contact lenses that are influenced by gravity and lower lid interaction, which can cause unwanted lens rotation due to the lateral movement of the lower lid during blinks.
THE PATIENT EXPERIENCE
Every patient remembers the moment an eyecare professional brought everything into crisp, sharp focus.
When you prescribe ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day lenses, you’ll provide your patients a clearer view of the world combined with comfort they’ll adore, from the instant they try their lenses.
You can offer a traditional lens paired with advice to stay off their digital devices, but are they really going to listen?
Instead, trust ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day lenses for optimal vision combined with a fit they’ll fall in love with. And for these work-hard, play-hard patients, Class 1 UV Blocking means they’ll have the highest amount of UV protection available in a contact lens when they put those screens down.12
INFLUENCING PRACTICE OUTCOMES
Practice growth can be heavily impacted by maximizing patient retention and minimizing chair time.
Love at first fit means you can achieve both. Plus, with ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day lenses you’ll know your patients are getting the vision they crave paired with the ocular surface lubrication that will enable them to keep swiping and typing.
And if they’re not 100% comfortable, the ACUVUE Comfort Promise means they can get their money back.^^
Even if you can’t keep up with this new generation of contact lens wearers, ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day means you’ll stay on top of their vision and eye health for years to come.
^^For additional terms and conditions and for complete instructions, download the claim form. Offer valid until December 31, 2022.
1. JJV data on file, 2021. Dryness/comfort evaluation of ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day brand contact lenses vs. habitual daily disposable contact lenses in a study population including digital device users, including post-hoc sub-group analysis of wearers that use digital devices for over eight hours.
2. Jobson Optical Research, January 2021 n-503 ECPs.
3. Tsubota K, Nakamori K. Dry eyes and video display terminals. N Engl J Med. 1993;328(8):584.
4. Patel S, Henderson R, Bradley L, et al. Effect of visual display unit use on blink rate and tear stability. Optom Vis Sci. 1991;68(11):888-892.
5. JJV data on file, 2021. Dryness/comfort evaluation of ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day brand contact lenses vs habitual daily disposable contact lenses in a study population including digital device users, including post-hoc sub-group analysis of wearers that use digital devices for over eight hours.
6. JJV data on file, 2016. Statistical superiority on Comfort, Vision, and Handling composite scores achieved using the Contact Lens User Experience (CLUE) questionnaire, a validated patient-reported outcomes (PRO) tool. In two randomized, single (patient) masked, crossover clinical studies (2015, n=119 [Vision & Handling] and 2016, n=276 [Comfort]), patients were randomly assigned ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology or DAILIES TOTAL1® the first week and switched to wearing the other lens the second week. Lenses were worn as daily disposables on both eyes. Pure PVP is a high-molecular-weight homopolymer of NVP.
7. JJV Data on File 2021. HydraLuxe® Technology Definition.
8. Ruston, D. Computers, comfort, and contact lenses. Optician. 2006;6072(232).
9. Sterner O, Aeschlimann R, Zurcher S, et al. Friction Measurement on Contact Lenses in a Physiologically Relevant Environment: Effect of Testing Conditions on Friction. Invest. Opthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2016;57(13): 5383-5392.
10. JJV data on file 2008. Stabilization mechanism for Accelerated Stabilization Design.
11. JJV data on file 2021. ACUVUE® OASYS 1-DAY for ASTIGMATISM during an In-Market Assessment conducted in the USA.
12. JJV data on file 2021. Material Properties: 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST, 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye and ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day with HydraLuxe® Technology Brand Contact Lenses.