What is amblyopia?
Get the amblyopia treatment flowchart
Diagnosis of amblyopia
- Strabismic amblyopia is the most common type, and often occurs in the deviating eye
- Refractive amblyopia comes in two forms: isometropic and anisometropic
- Isometropic amblyopia develops when there are equal refractive errors in both eyes
- Anisometropic amblyopia develops when the refractive errors in the eyes differ and the difference in focus on one retina disrupts the development of the visual pathway
- Deprivational amblyopia is one of the most severe forms of amblyopia, and is not covered by this treatment course.
How is amblyopia treated?
While we make every effort to provide accurate information that is helpful to your practice of optometry, this information may contain errors and is not to be used in place of your own professional medical judgment. Under no circumstances shall CovalentCareers be responsible for damages arising from the use of this information.