Optometrist - Full-Time - Private Practice - Springfield, VA
*New grads and experienced doctors are encouraged to apply!
Our practice has proudly been serving the Springfield area and we’re looking to expand our team and bring on a great full-time OD who can build rapport with any co-worker or patient, is reliable and timely, and can provide our patient base the best care!
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity:
- Do what you love - We know that first and foremost, you want to provide the best care to your patients. We provide our doctors with ample time to offer their best care, and they typically only see 15-20 patients a day. And that’s only exams-- no sales! Our community is very healthy and we’re looking for a great OD to keep them that way. Primary Care Optometry; contact lens fittings, and general eye exams, average 2 exams an hour
- Friendly, experienced staff: You’ll have the full support of our office ensuring that you’re able to focus on doing your job as efficiently as possible. Our technician performs the pretesting, and you’ll have the support of our office manager as well. Additionally, we offer a great schedule without late nights or full weekends:
- M-F 10:00 - 6:40 (last appt 6:20)
- Sat 9:00 - 4:20 (last appt 4:00)
- Closed Sundays
- Equipment for your Success - You’ll be working with a fully equipped and updated office, including equipment such as:
- Digital exam lane
Salary & Benefits
- Comprehensive Compensation - We take care of our team like we take care of our patients, and offer an extremely competitive salary to our team. New graduates can look forward to an average of $134,000/yr or $515/day, and doctors of all levels can anticipate an average of $151,000/yr or $580/day, with the potential to earn more on a daily basis, from exams as well as 50% of the LASIK co-management fee!
- Full Benefits Package: Package value is approx. $35,000 ($15k - $50k depending on benefit selections, age, marital status, etc.)
- Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Easter Day
- We are open on holidays except for Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and Easter Day.
- Floating Holiday: Any day of the year – your choice.
- Personal Days: Up to 5 days per year. The accrual rate is 1 hour for every 30 hours worked with a maximum of 40 hours per year.
- Vacation black-out periods: March 1-30, Aug 6 – Labor Day, Dec 26 – Jan 14.
- Years 1-5: 2 weeks of vacation + 7 paid Holidays + up to 5 Personal Days
- Years 6-10: 3 weeks of vacation + 7 paid Holidays + up to 5 Personal Days
- Years 11-20: 4 weeks of vacation + 7 paid Holidays + up to 5 Personal Days
- Years 21+ 5 weeks of vacation + 7 paid Holidays + up to 5 Personal Days
- Paid Bereavement Leave: Up to 5 days per leave.
- Paid Parental Leave: 2 weeks of leave if/when you become a new mother/father.
- Continuing Education: Reimbursed for CE after three months of full-time employment. Up to $25/credit hour.
- License Renewal: Reimbursed for licenses that are required in order to provide optometric services for our practice.
- 401k Retirement Plan: Available after the first 90 days of employment. The company matches 60% of your first 3% contribution and 50% of your second 3% contribution, after 1 year of service.
- Health Insurance: Highmark BCBS PPO. You pay a portion of the premium (pre-tax).
- Prescription Drug Plan: Included in Health Insurance plan
- Dental Insurance: United Concordia. You pay a portion of the premium (pre-tax).
Why You’ll Love This Location:
The culture of our practice and organization is unparalleled--we have a great group of doctors (85!) and administrative support who love working for us and have been here for years. A new OD who comes on board with us will have real autonomy in the way they see patients and manage their time, and will effectively operate as their own boss. As part of an HMO and larger organization, doctors have security and funding, and we operate akin to a private practice in both our relaxing and easy-going environment and the personal care we provide to our patients.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply today!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Priti!