Optometrist – Full-time – Private practice – 5419 Patterson Ave, Richmond, VA 23226, USA
About Our Practice
Patterson Eye Clinic is one of the leading optometric practices in Richmond, Virginia, and is located in the premium Near West-End neighborhood. Our thriving practice serves Richmond and the surrounding communities in central Virginia with comprehensive eyecare, treatment of emergencies, Lasik Co-Management, disease management, and contact lenses and glasses. We have a large optical dispensary with a variety of frames, including many fashionable high-end designer lines!
5 Doctors of Optometry and a highly trained, dedicated staff of technicians, patient care representatives, and opticians currently make up the Patterson team, and we could not be more proud of them. Our patients always come first and our mission is to provide them with the best possible eyecare and a personal touch. We invite you to join us as we continue to grow!
We offer a generous compensation package and a 4-day work week, with a 5-day weekend every 3 weeks! This is an amazing schedule for those who value work/life balance.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for a talented OD to join our growing practice! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal OD candidate is committed to delivering quality patient care, and is eager to learn and develop their clinical skillset. Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Order and interpret special testing
- Diagnose and assist in the management of diseases
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide co- managment of surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid Leave
- Retirement plan
- Malpractice insurance
- Licensing fees
- Continuing education (CE)
- Production bonus
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!