Mobile Optometrist - Full-time - Salt Lake City, UT
*Recent grads and experienced optometrists welcome to apply!
About the Practice
As a mobile vision company, we visit assisted living and memory care homes with geriatric residents in Salt Lake County, Utah County, and Davis County (we cover a 120-mile radius, while the majority of our clients are in Salt Lake and Utah Counties).
If you are a compassionate and independent Optometrist looking to have a positive impact on the elderly population, apply today!
About the Optometrist Position
Our new optometrist will be a welcome addition to our team and family. This unique and fulfilling opportunity will allow you to care for the vulnerable geriatric population in a changing environment.
Mobile Optometrist Schedule:
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm, no weekends!
As an optometrist in our practice, you will be expected to:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams on 13 patients per day
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Build strong doctor-patient relationships
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid UT state license to practice optometry
- At least one year of experience working as an optometrist preferred, but not required
- Excellent bedside manner and genuine compassion for patients
- Passionate about working with geriatric populations, including those with dementia or Alzheimer’s
- High level of independence and desire to grow with the company
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity
Impact & Experience: You will gain diverse experience, performing full-scope medical exams with a 55+ population. You will gain first-hand experience diagnosing and treating conditions such as macular degeneration, cataracts, and glaucoma. You will start each day with a full schedule of patients (we handle the scheduling for our ODs). As you will be going directly to the patients, you can spend more quality time treating them compared to a traditional practice where you may have to wait for patients to come to you.
Exciting, Fulfilling, & Changing Environment: You’ll never feel stuck in the same place with this role, as you’ll be working in different locations with a variety of patients who are very grateful for your work and care.
Top Technology: You will have all the technology you need to be successful, as the practice will provide you with a Mobile Optometry Kit including phoropter, lensometer, retina scope, slit lamp, autorefractor, tonometer, equipment for glaucoma tests, and more!
About the Location
Salt Lake City and the surrounding communities are wonderful places to raise a family with a great cost of living! We are any outdoor lover’s dream as we have endless mountains for skiing in the winter and hiking in the summer!
If you are ready to take the next step in your career in a role where you will positively impact your patient’s lives on a daily basis, apply here today through CovalentCareers!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Priti!