Optometrist - Full-Time/Part-Time - Private Practice - Temple, TX
Recent grads and experienced optometrists are welcome to apply!
About the Practice
Temple Vision Source is seeking an Optometrist to join our passionate team on a full-time basis! Proudly serving patients of Temple and surrounding communities, our dedicated team of doctors provides high-quality care to patients of all ages.
We are looking for a friendly, motivated, and goal-oriented Optometrist to join our medically-oriented practice!
About the Optometrist Position
As an Optometrist in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid TX state license to practice optometry
- Therapeutic and Glaucoma Management Certifications
- Experience in specialty contact lenses is a huge plus! (But not required)
- Interest in working with patients of all ages
- Average patient load of 20 per day
- Self-starter who is interested in and comfortable with medical and vision management
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity
- Opportunity: You will gain invaluable and diverse experience in this medically-oriented practice by working with patients of all ages. You will be working with modern technology on a daily basis, such as an EHR for autorefraction, OCT, optos, corneal topographer, & Zeiss visual fields.
- Environment & Schedule: Our doctors are able to devote their energy and focus on the best possible patient care, as our support staff handles all administrative duties! We are open Monday - Saturday with rotating weekends.
- Location - Located directly between Waco and Austin, Temple has the best of both worlds; a small-town feel with all of the exciting city life that Austin has to offer just a short, one-hour drive away Temple is a great place for young professionals and families!
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience ($130k - $160k annually)
- Health insurance (50% covered if enrolled through practice)
- Dental insurance
- Vision care perks
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here today through CovalentCareers!