Optometrist - Full-time - Private Practice - Port Arthur, TX
*Recent grads and experienced Optometrists welcome to apply!
About the Practice
Our well-established practice is seeking an Optometrist to join our positive and supportive team on a full-time basis!
If you are a personable, professional, and adaptable Optometrist in the Port Arthur area, apply today!
*No weekends or evenings!
About the Optometrist Position
As an Optometrist in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Handle eyecare emergencies
- Full-scope optometry with exposure to medical
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid TX state license to practice optometry
- Therapeutic License Required
- Experience in specialty contact lenses such as scleral lenses is a huge plus! (But not required)
- Interest in working with patients of all ages
- Average patient load of 3 patients per hour
- Team-player who is business-minded and interested in growing with the practice
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity
- Opportunity: You will gain invaluable and diverse experience in this medically-oriented practice by working with patients of all ages. You will be working with modern technology on a daily basis, such as Optomap, autorefraction, tonometry, OCT, Humphrey field analyzer, topographer, slit lamps, and digitalized charts.
- Environment & Compensation: You will love coming to work in our upbeat and positive office environments! We have a very friendly office feel and strong sense of community. You will earn a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. We also offer a competitive benefits package which includes 2 weeks PTO after one year, paid holidays, professional liability, an annual allowance for CE, and more!
- Location: Port Arthur is a wonderful place to live and work! We are conveniently located close to the Gulf Coast, 70 miles east of Houston, and just 2 hours from Galveston!
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here today through Eyes On Eyecare!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Christine!