Optometrist – Full-time – Private Practice – Chattanooga, TN
About Our Practice
Our practice is seeking a motivated and talented OD to join our team of high-skilled professionals. We are a full scope practice that provides the highest quality of care to individuals and families in Chattanooga and the surrounding communities. We are passionate about not only meeting our patient's expectations but exceeding them! The ideal OD candidate has great communication skills, leadership skills, and is confident in their skill set.
About the Optometrist Position
This medically-oriented position is a full-time opportunity with a typical patient load of 2-3 patients per hour. Candidates with experience in or interest in glaucoma, co-management of cataracts, and refractive surgery is a huge plus and will be highly considered!
Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and treatment of ocular disease, myopia management, glaucoma, and more
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eye care emergencies
Optometrist Position & Requirements
Our new OD will be a welcoming addition to our team! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients.
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid TN license to practice therapeutic optometry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong chairside manner and ability to build rapport with patients
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead as staff will look up to you
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Environment: This is a unique opportunity to be part of an amazing culture and where professional growth is highly encouraged. We support our ODs by allowing them to do what they love doing most, helping people through the gift of vision. We are located inside a retail storefront, but have much more of a private-practice feel, as you will not have to sell and instead will get to focus on medical optometry
- Technology: Our focus in optometry is technologically driven, and we strive to remain at the forefront of eye care consistently. We employ the best tools for our doctors to use, such as Optomap, OCT-A, LipiScan, LipiFlow, Topography and Wavescan, Anterior Segment camera, and more!
- Location: Located along the Tennessee River in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Chattanooga is a wonderful, growing town with abundant outdoor activities!
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Medical insurance
- 401k/IRA options with 4% matching after 1 year of employment
- PTO after 3 months of employment
- Malpractice Insurance
- Potential for signing bonus and/or relocation bonus
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eye care, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes on Eyecare!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Priti!