Optometrist - Part-time - Health Clinic - Columbia, SC
*Recent grads and experienced optometrists are encouraged to apply!
WellPartners has been serving the Midlands for over 50 years, providing much-needed dental and eye care to children adults in the Midlands so that they can live healthier, better lives. If you’re an OD who is passionate about providing care to the underserved, this is a great opportunity for you!
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid SC state license to practice optometry
- Ability to develop rapport and work with any patient or colleague
- Focused, team-oriented work ethic
What You’ll Do:
- Provide most primary vision care.
- Examine patients’ eyes to diagnose vision problems and eye diseases, and test patients’ visual acuity, depth and color perception, and ability to focus and coordinate the eyes.
- Prescribe eyeglasses and contact lenses and provide vision therapy and low-vision rehabilitation.
- Analyze test results and develop a treatment plan.
- Administer drugs to patients to aid in the diagnosis of vision problems and prescribe drugs to treat some eye diseases.
- Provide preoperative and postoperative care to cataract patients, as well as to patients who have had laser vision correction or other eye surgery.
- Diagnose conditions caused by systemic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure, referring patients to other health practitioners as needed.
Why Work Here?
Exposure: At WellPartners we provide comprehensive eye care to the uninsured and underserved within our community, and it’s a great opportunity for any optometrist to gain exposure to a wide range of eye care and vision needs!. You will have everything you need to be successful with our state of the art technology:
- Maestro 2 Robotic OCT
- Digital Phoropter
- Micro PC Acuity
- Optical Dispensary Onsite
Environment: Our doctors have the support of a fantastic staff comprised of our clinic director, optician, administrative assistant, and optical technician. We compensate our ODs well for the services they provide, offering $525 per day. We are currently looking for an OD to work part-time, 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM, and see approximately 13 to 17 patients a day.
Why You’ll Love Our Location:
Columbia is a unique and affordable city with plenty of history and natural beauty to enjoy. Just outside of town is the famous Congaree National Park, which houses the tallest trees east of the Mississippi, and our local treasure Riverbanks Zoo is one of a handful of zoos with a permanent koala exhibit. The fantastic University of South Carolina is available for anyone looking to better themselves, and being a college town means there’s always something exciting happening in the city!
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply today through Eyes On Eyecare!