Requisition ID: 701661
LensCrafters is bringing its optical retail experience to Macy’s department stores in the U.S.
Macy’s and Luxottica, a world leader in eyecare, have a successful history together. Our relationship is built around a shared mission of providing customers with the highest quality products, a passion for style and a broad brand portfolio able to meet diverse consumer choices. At LensCrafters, we feel the world deserves a thoughtful and caring partner who understands that true vision care is a synergy of trusted eye care and exceptional eyewear.
LensCrafters reinforces Macy’s commitment to the health and wellness of its customers. Eye health is critical to everyone’s personal well-being, and easy in-store access to LensCrafters optometrists, personalized service and fashionable product assortment dovetail well with Macy’s strengths.
If you share our love for the customers we serve, the sense of sight, and the work we do, this is the place for you to build a rewarding practice.
The Managing Optometrist is the leader & business owner within the marketplace & organization by delivering the brand promise through key steps in the patient /customer journey, superior patient experience & the organization’s key performance metrics. Ensures all patients receive the highest quality Optometric care.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates compelling vision for the future, develops clear goals & operating plans ensuring executional excellence & winning results in partnership with Regional and Store Manager(s).
- Sets & communicates clear objectives & expectations, demonstrates commitment to exceed results through strong competency in KPI management & high accountability.
- Ensures LensCrafters is known as the leading optical provider within the community.
- Operates as stakeholder to all within the organization & local market.
- Places the patient/customer as the center focus & delivers excellent service.
- Strives to exceed expectations on all KPIs.
- Leads/Manages the team in providing unsurpassed Patient Service Excellence.
- Addresses all patient/customer visual life style needs.
- Builds patients/customers for life & becomes their sole family practitioner.
- Listens carefully to patients/customers' questions or concerns.
- Provides a summary of patient/customer overall eye health.
- Conducts service in accordance with protocol & accepted standard of care.
- Establishes a positive Doctor/Patient relationship.
- Utilizes & leverages all technology to deliver unsurpassed patient/customer experience.
- Demonstrates effective communication with all office & store associates to ensure a seamless patient experience & transition.
- Ensures office quality systems are maintained.
- Maintains State Licensure & practices to the full scope of that license; maintains continuing education requirements.
- Provides effective on-the-job training & guidance to team members making use of Company provided programs.
- Delivers feedback in a timely manner to all associates. Confronts problem performers directly & without delay; practices performance management.
- Creates a positive culture linked to corporate vision & values.
- Engages & leads effective store huddles.
- Conducts chart audits with Associate Optometrist.
- Recruits, interviews & selects high caliber success oriented talent, creates talent pipeline for succession planning.
- Forecasts staffing needs based on available information & assigns associates through the use of the labor scheduling model. Quickly adjusts staffing levels up or down to meet unexpected increases or decreases in office traffic & patient demand.
- Adheres to company policies & procedures & acknowledges receipt of physical inventory.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the office & ensures visual displays are in accordance with Company provided guidelines.
- Maintains safe working environment for all.
- Doctor of Optometry
- Demonstrated leadership/management skills
- Knowledge of current Optometric technology & practices
- Developed communication skills, both verbal & written
- Strong problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Organization & time management skills
- Knowledge of sound business management practices