Optometrist - Full-time / Part-time - Medically-Oriented Private Practice - New Holland, PA
Our well-established, family-owned, and operated private optometric practice, Optometric Associates, has a 42-year history of continuous growth in New Holland, Pennsylvania. We offer consistently deliver state-of-the-art eye care that is affordable to many different individuals. We are seeking a new optometrist who is proficient in medical optometry!
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree (or pending)
- Valid PA state license to practice optometry (or pending)
- We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our team of dedicated professionals to deliver an outstanding patient experience
- We are looking for personable, compassionate individuals who can bring a positive attitude and personality to our office environment.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the office, and ensures that the area is clean, organized, and professional looking
- Take pride in self appearance and hygiene to maintain professionalism throughout the work environment
- Proficiency in understanding insurance billing basics.
- Highly proficient in medical management
What You’ll Do
As an optometrist in our practice, you will be able to practice to the fullest scope of your license. You can look forward to exciting day to day interactions with patients, including:
- Urgent eye care! Same-day appointments for farming and manufacturing ocular injuries
- Foreign body removals including rust ring
- Prokera® amniotic membrane treatment
- Fitting soft and custom rigid gas permeable contact lenses and scleral contact lenses
- Meibomian gland expression, analysis, treatment (iLux® and Lipiflow®)
- Management and treatment of advanced dry eye, ocular surface disease, macular degeneration, glaucoma (as well as surgical co-management), diabetic eye care, and amblyopia
- Fundus photography, Humphrey visual field, Pentacam® HR Tomography, Cirrus OCTa 5000, and Meibography analysis
- LASIK/PRK consultations including laser calculation
- Anterior segment photography/videography
- InfantSEE eye, Pediatric examination
- Quickly respond to changes with in-office promotions with appropriate staff communications graphics, and point of purchase materials
- Occasional patient outreach programs 2-3 times per year (no-cost community eye screenings, retirement home visits, open house at practice)
Why Work Here?
Environment: This position requires a lot of teamwork, communication skills, and in return we provide a great opportunity to join a growing and successful company. We would like to make full use of your talents and capabilities with our challenging and rewarding career opportunity. We encourage our associates to provide ideas for improving the customer experience, work environment, productivity, and overall success of the company. We ensure that our doctors have the best equipment available to them so that they can provide their best care, including:
- iLux® and Lipiflow®
- Keratograph 5M
- EyePrint Prosthetics®
- Fundus photography
- Humphrey visual field
- Pentacam® HR Tomography
- Cirrus OCTa 5000
Schedule & Compensation: We value work-life balance - which means whether you’re working part-time or full-time (33 to 40 hours per week) you won’t be working weekends! We offer competitive wages and benefits packages for full-time employees including:
- Health insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Family vision care
- Dental benefits
- Paid time off
Why You’ll Love Our Location:
Optometric Associates is conveniently located 1 hour from Philadelphia Airport and major city surroundings. Lancaster City is 25 minutes from the practice and is a thriving metropolitan city with great restaurants, microbrew pubs, and excellent shopping centers in the greater surrounding area. Lancaster City was included in an exclusive 14 destination list of “Best U.S. Places to Travel in 2019” in Forbes Magazine, and has much to offer in hiking, biking, and outdoor activities!
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply today through Eyes On Eyecare®!