Optometrist - Full-Time or Part-time - Private Practice - Harrison, OH
*Recent grads and experienced optometrists are encouraged to apply!
About our Practice
Our organization is a small group of private practices in the Cincinnati Tri-State area founded over 40 years by doctors, and still remains doctor-owned! The practices possess a positive and professional environment, and the facilities are clean, bright, and comfortable. Caring for patients and employees has always been our top priority! We are seeking a caring, knowledgeable and energetic Optometrist to join our growing practice.
As a doctor in our practice you will:
- Provide comprehensive optometric clinical service
- Supervise the design, fitting and dispensing of ophthalmic materials
- Fit and evaluate contact lenses
- Maintain detailed electronic health records and professional communications
- Promote healthy vision by providing patient counseling
- Foster a culture of education for staff
- Provide coverage for emergency calls
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid license to practice Optometry in the state of Ohio
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personal ethics and a strong sense of workplace professionalism
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfort level with gas perm patients in a plus
Working at Our Practice
- A Great Environment: Doctors and staff members are respected and valued which has led to long-term employees, some of whom have been a part of the team for over 20 years. Optometric Technicians are well trained and provide full support to the doctors by performing all pre-testing and ancillary testing. In addition, work-life balance is highly valued which is reflected by our office hours. Our practice is open Monday to Thursday, 8 AM to 6 PM and Fridays/Saturdays 8 AM to 2 PM, and we're very flexible with scheduling! On short days, our OD will typically see 12 to 14 patients, and 18 to 20 patients on a longer day.
- Equipped for Success: The patient base is well established and growing. The practices consist of contact lens evaluation and management, primary care and ocular disease management. Each practice has a visual field, fundus camera, OCT and multiple exam lanes. Revolution EHR is used for both medical records and practice management software. The software is fully integrated for ordering, billing and e-prescribing.
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid Time off
- Holiday Pay
- Retirement plan with Company Matching
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Licensure fees for the state of Ohio Vision Board
With low crime rates, plenty of historical sites, and a beautiful surburban, small town feel, Harrison is a fantastic place to raise a family and be a part of a caring community!
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply today!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Christine!