Optometrist - Full-time /Part-time - Medically-Oriented Private Practice - Fargo, ND
*Recent grads and experienced optometrists are encouraged to apply!
The most medically-oriented practice in Fargo is looking for a new OD to come aboard, help grow the practice, and potentially buy in!
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid ND state license to practice optometry (or pending)
- Comfort with pathology, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and dry eye would be a plus.
- A people-loving attitude and the ability to communicate well with our patients and staff!
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow and build the practice.
- Loving cold winters is a plus!
Why Work Here?
Exposure & Environment: As the most medical location in town, our doctors’ typical patient spread is 70% medical--glaucoma, macular degeneration, myopia management, dry eye optical--and 30% routine. Additionally, we will have our own lab soon! To enable our doctors to do their best work, we have a fully staffed office, with technicians who pretest, front desk receptionists, opticians, office business managers who do all the billing. We also have high-end equipment including:
- Visual field
Schedule: We value work-life balance - no weekends! Our full-time schedule is 8 AM to 5 PM Monday to Thursday, and Fridays 8 AM to 1 PM during the summer and 8 AM to 3 PM during winters. For a part-time employee, we’re open to 1 day or even 2 days
Our doctors typically see 2-3 patients an hour, and that can grow if they feel comfortable
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive salary based on how many patients they are able to see. If our new OD is interested, you can switch from salary to production plan, and it's 18% of collections that they produce at any time.
- Training from our talented doctors to grow your skillset with medical optometry
- PTO that grows every year
- 401k we do a 7-8 match percentage
- profit sharing
- malpractice insurance
- licensing dues
- We would love for someone to be a part-owner and/or have a stake in the practice so there’s an opportunity to buy in!
Why You’ll Love Our Location:
Our location is proactive, and we encourage our doctors to work to the fullest extent of their degree. We promote the Optomap for all patients--our slogan is “no eye drops!”. Our patients know our practice is a one-stop shop where they can get everything they need from routine to medical and eyewear, so we have a large repeat patient base that is always growing. We take care of referrals for surgeries as well!
Fargo is a lovely town with incredible lakes and an airport that has direct flights to everywhere. Outdoor enthusiasts will love it here, and have their pick from hunting, fishing, and camping, and from plenty of snow sports and activities in the wintertime! This is a fantastic location for families and for adventurers.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply today through Eyes On Eyecare!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Priti!