Optometrist - Full-time - Medically-Oriented Private Practice - Yonkers, NY
*Recent grads and experienced optometrists are encouraged to apply!
At Westchester Eyes, we believe in providing uncompromising diagnosis and treatment of all diseases, particularly dry eye, which remains amongst the most underdiagnosed and undertreated ocular conditions. Our patient base returns time and time again for our unrelenting commitment to patient education. If you’re an OD who is passionate about treating ocular diseases and bettering people’s quality of life, this is the perfect position for you!
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid NY state license to practice optometry
- A welcoming persona, from your appearance to your chairside manner
- A commitment to learning and willingness to be trained
Why Work Here?
Exposure: You will gain exposure to a wide range of eye care and vision needs in our full-scope practice! We focus on dry eye treatment and are generally medically oriented, and we want to encourage your passions and interests-- if your interest is on myopia control, scleral lenses, dry eye disease, glaucoma, pediatrics, you will have the freedom to explore that. And with a typical patient load of 3 to 8 a day, you’ll be able to devote real time to developing those skills and building rapport with your patients.
Environment: We currently employ 3 full-time medical techs, 1 optician, 1 frame stylist, 1 office manager, and 2 full-time OD’s, so our new OD will have a great support system available to them. The office is equipped with the newest technology available to ensure that our doctors can practice to the fullest extent of their license:
- 3 digital examination rooms, all with exterior cameras and digital phoropters
- 4 dry eye treatment rooms, one of which is equipped with an IPL and LLLT
- 1 visual field testing room
- Optovue OCT
- Centervue Eidon wide-field digital camera
- Tomey Endothelial microscope
- Tomey Topographer
- Huvitz Wavefront Aberrometer
- Reichart NCT
- B scan
- AdaptDx Pro
- RetEval ERG
- Visionix VX-120 + Dry Eye
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience (starting at $145K), plus benefits including:
- Paid holidays
- Professional Liability insurance
- Financial Bonuses
Why You’ll Love Our Location:
Our practice is over 30 years old and is rapidly growing. It was recently renovated and enlarged from 800 square feet to 3600 sq feet. Our office is focused on medical care, not sales, so our team can keep focused on what matters to them--providing excellent care. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply today through Eyes On Eyecare!