Optometrist - Part-Time/Full-Time - Private Practice - Ithaca, NY
*Recent grads are encouraged to apply!
Our private practice with a focus on holistic vision therapy in lovely Ithaca is hiring! Are you a personable, caring, and business-minded Optometrist looking to jumpstart your career at well-established practice? If this sounds like you, apply today!
This is a great opportunity if you are a recent grad or an OD early in your career who is interested in a long-term role with the potential for partnership a few years down the road!
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid NY state license to practice optometry
- Desire to learn and grow with the practice
- Available to work 3.5 days a week
What You’ll Do:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams on an average of 7-14 patients per day
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease, such as glaucoma
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
Who You Are:
- Motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills
- Determined to not only provide exceptional care to patients but also hungry and excited about the prospect of helping the business grow!
- Interested in treating ocular disease and vision therapy
Why Work Here?
- Environment: You will love coming to work in our friendly office! We pride ourselves on seeing the whole picture and treating the whole person with the least invasive and most holistic means possible, including light therapy!
- Schedule & Opportunity: You will work 3.5 days, including an abbreviated Friday and one day for administrative work. You will also have the opportunity to potentially become a partner in the practice down the line!
- Compensation & Benefits: We offer a competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. We also offer health insurance and PTO!
Why You’ll Love Our Location
Ithaca is a beautiful and peaceful town. We have a strong sense of community, beautiful gorges, and endless opportunities to get out and explore nature. We are home to one of the best farmer’s markets in the country, as we grow our food locally. Our town is highly educated and we have great schools nearby, including Ithaca, Cornell, and Syracuse. We host great festivals in the summer and it is a wonderful community to raise a family.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply here today through CovalentCareers!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Christine!