Optometrist - Full-Time - Private Practice - Horseheads, NY
*Recent grads and experienced Optometrists encouraged to apply!
About the Practice
The Vision Center has proudly served the complete eye care needs of patients in Horseheads and the surrounding communities with the highest standard of care. Our full-service optometric practice is dedicated to providing top-notch eye care with a personalized touch.
A close-knit team, we pride ourselves on forming lasting relationships with our patients and helping them receive the best possible eye care tailored to their needs. We want to be your family's eye care practice for life. Our office is fully equipped with advanced technology such as OCT, Optos California, Canon retina camera, Octopus perimeter, corneal topographer, auto-refractor, NCT with cornea hysteresis, and more
About the Optometrist Position
Our new Staff Optometrist will be an integral member of our team! This position is great for anyone who is interested in full-scope optometry, as you will be exposed to both optical and medical optometry! The ideal candidate is friendly, dedicated, and knowledgeable.
As an Optometrist in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and treat of ocular disease, including glaucoma
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Prescribe contact lenses, including hybrid, scleral
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
Optometrist Position & Requirements
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid NY state license to practice optometry
- Interest in working with patients of all ages
- Average patient load of 20 patients per day
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Environment - You will love coming to work in our friendly and upbeat environment! As a large and long-established private practice, we have great relationships with our patients and high end optical to offer them!
- Exposure - This position is approximately 60% Optical and 40% medical, making it a great opportunity to gain exposure working with a diverse patient base with varying eye care needs!
- Location - Horseheads is a charming town with endless opportunities to enjoy nature! Located just south of the pristine Finger Lakes, you have easy access to boating, hiking, and some great wineries as well! Horseheads is a great place to live, work, and raise a family. We have a strong sense of community and great schools - we are less than an hour away from Cornell University and Ithaca College.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary of $140k - $180k annually, commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- Paid Holidays
- 401k + 3.5% match
- Annual profit share
- Malpractice insurance