Experienced ODs and new graduates are welcome to apply!
About Our Practice
We are searching for an OD to join our team. We proudly serve the patients of the Southern Tier New York and surrounding areas. Our goal is to provide a unique individualized experience focused on patient care and customer satisfaction. We are a family oriented practice, with strong community service. We have been serving our area since 1987. Our practice is well stablished and has a strong loyal patient base coming to us for decades, as well as new patients.
We have the equipment required to diagnose and treat everything from eye health disease to visual acuity problems in patients of all ages.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
Our new OD will be a welcoming addition to our team and family. You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal OD candidate is patient, team-oriented, and customer-oriented.
Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Benefits for the Optometrist (OD)
- Excellent compensation plus benefits package
- Ability to practice full scope optometry
- State of the art equipment including OCT, Wave Scan, AR etc.
- Excellent work environment
- Professional, friendly practice
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid New York state license to practice optometry
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
We reward our doctors with competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eye care, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team!