Optometrist - Full-time - Private Practice - Rio Rancho, NM
Recent grads and experienced optometrists are welcome to apply!
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity:
1. Phenomenal Office Culture
Featured as a 2021 Best Place to Work by Albuquerque Business First! We have a thorough hiring process and are proud of our phenomenal support staff who make the VS Rio experience superb. You will even have the moral and emotional support of our upbeat D.O.G. (Designated Office Greeter), Dingo. Check out our Instagram!
2. Modern Approach
In our state-of-the art facility fully remodeled in 2019, you will work with modern technology and practice full-scope Optometry due to our broad scope of practice in New Mexico. We also keep things easy and enjoyable for our patients and offer online scheduling, text messaging, an online store, and an engaged social media presence.
3. Dedication to Growth & Development
We are always learning and growing at VS Rio. We meet weekly as a team to discuss goals and metrics and even benefit from in-house life coaching. We don’t believe in stagnation and are always implementing new ways to better serve our patient community. If you are looking to grow and develop as a clinician, our team of 3 OD’s with diverse areas of expertise are eager to support you.
About the Practice
We are a premier Vision Source practice based in Rio Rancho, New Mexico with a focus on integrating the latest technology into the patient experience. Family owned and operated local business since 1996. Fully integrated EMR since 2005.
We are also excited about the Med Spa at Vision Source Rio which began serving our community in 2020! Through our in-house Med Spa, we offer top-of-the-line medical aesthetics treatments including Laser Hair Removal, RadioFrequency Microneedling, Radio Frequency Body Contouring, Oxygeneo Facial, Tattoo Removal, Piqo4 Skin tightening and toning, and IPL photo facial.
We are searching for a team-oriented, patient-focused, results-driven optometrist to join our team. Recent grads welcome! Expect a focus on primary care and family practice optometry, as well as the opportunity to regularly practice medical optometry. Join one of the top 10% private practices in the nation at Vision Source Rio!
About the Optometrist Position
Our new optometrist will be a welcome addition to our team and family!
As an optometrist in our practice, you will be expected to:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams (both vision plan and medical exams) with a focus on patient education utilizing data from Optomap images
- Engage with patients to form meaningful doctor-patient connections with exam time allotted to fully develop those relationships
- Educate patients on premium products and full range of services that will best suit their eye health and lifestyle needs
- Diagnose and treat ocular disease to full scope of licensure
- Manage and treat eye health emergencies
- Understand applications of Lipiflow, Lipiview and IPL technology for the treatment of dry eye conditions & rosacea.
- Be willing to fit all types of contact lenses. We fit Soft, Multifocal, Toric, Monovision, Myopia Control, Scleral, RGP, Hybrid, Ortho-K, etc. No experience with some of these? No worries! Friendly, experienced ODs on hand to teach these skills and assist as needed.
- Provide pre- and post-operative care for surgical patients for cataracts, Yag capsulotomy and LASIK
- Participate in weekly staff and doctor meetings, occasionally providing education for staff members.
- Attend monthly local Vision Source meetings and serve as an active member of the New Mexico Optometric Association (dues paid by practice)
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid NM state license to practice optometry (NM State Boards to be given in June)
- Strong Communicator, Team Player, and Relationship Builder
- Comfortable recommending premium products and a broad range of services to patients or willing to learn and grow in this area
- Desire to grow professionally and to support the growth of the practice
Compensation & Benefits
- Performance-based salary
- Our associates earn in excess of $150,000/year!
- 15% of patient-based gross revenue, with $400.00/day minimum guarantee for the first 6 months.
- Health insurance (including free gym membership)
- 401K (including up to 3% matching)
- Paid holidays (including Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, Labor Day, and Memorial Day)
- AOA and NMOA dues (including 22 hours of required continuing education at the annual NMOA convention) - $2400/year value
- Professional liability insurance - $750/year value
- Materials benefits including an annual supply contact lenses, glasses
- Complimentary eyecare and reduced cost materials for family member dependents
- Complimentary medical aesthetics treatments available through the Med Spa at Vision Source Rio (based on referrals)
- Office Hours are 8:00-5:30 Monday – Friday. Weekends off!
About the Location
New Mexico offers a broad scope of practice for Optometrists and is among the top 10 states in the country for OD’s with regard to salaries and privileges. The state also has engaged professional networks including the New Mexico Optometric Association, Political Action Committee, and Vision Source Network
Weather: Central New Mexico is a beautiful place to live, boasting 310 days of sunshine a year, a mild, dry climate and 4 distinct seasons
Cost of Living: New Mexico’s cost of living index is below the US national average and offers the most affordable living of any state in the Southwest
Outdoor Activities: New Mexico is a wonderfully scenic place to explore. Enjoy national parks and monuments with a broad range of activities to pursue. Indoor and outdoor arts & culture, wellness activities, and spectacular golf venues await you!
Centrally Located: Like to travel on the weekends? Los Angeles, Phoenix, Denver, Dallas, Austin, and San Diego can all be reached in 2 hours or less on a nonstop flight from the Albuquerque Sunport. Rio Rancho is a quick 30-minute drive to the airport!
Land of Enchantment: New Mexico sunsets and sunrises are absolutely stunning! It’s not called the Land of Enchantment for nothing.
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to learning more about you! Apply here through Eyes on Eyecare.