Optometrist - Full-Time/Part-time - Private Practice - Great Barrington, MA
Recent grads and experienced optometrists are welcome to apply!
Our practice has been serving the community for 40 years, providing quality care to generations of families in Great Barrington under a solo practitioner. We’re looking to bring on another full-time OD with the potential for partnership or to buy the practice!
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid MA state license to practice optometry
What You’ll Do:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams on patients
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular diseases such as glaucoma
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
Who You Are:
- Self-motivated Optometrist who can excel in a leadership role
- A personable, dynamic, and adaptable work ethic
- A doctor dedicated to the growth of the practice
Why Work Here?
- Opportunity: You will be working with patients of all ages, ranging from pediatric to geriatric. You will be exposed to patients of all ages with varying eye care and vision needs. We offer medical and primary care, and now that the Glaucoma bill has passed, we provide Glaucoma treatment as well!
- Environment: You will typically see 17 to 18 patients a day with the aid of our fantastic and well-trained staff so that you will have the time you need to really get to know and spend time with each patient!
- Nidek Autorefractor
- Canon fundus photographer
- Octopus Visual field
- Electronic records
- OfficeMate exam writer
- Schedule: We believe in the importance of a work-life balance, so you won’t have to work weekends! You’ll be working the following schedule:
- Monday- 8:45 AM to 5 PM
- Tuesday- 8:45 AM to 5:30 PM
- Wednesday- 7 AM to 12 PM
- Thursday- 8:45 AM 5 PM
- Friday- 8:45 AM to 5 PM
- Location: Our recurring patient base has developed a great relationship with our practice, so our new doctor will be coming into a warm and welcoming atmosphere and a great foundation if they decide to purchase the practice! Great Barrington is a fantastic city located within the valley of the Housatonic River and near the Williams River and Green River, and is the commercial epicenter of the southern Berkshires! We have a tremendous ski area, tons of lakes, and fantastic biking and kayaking trails, and you can enjoy all of the wonders of nature.
Apply here today through Eyes On Eyecare!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Christine!