At Clinical Associates, we make being healthy easier. We connect our patients to a seamless system of integrated medical care, which includes in-house specialists in 10 areas of practice, from cardiology to ophthalmology. We also offer unique services like our ambulatory surgery center and nuclear stress testing facility.
Our more than 50 physicians, specialists and credentialed health care providers are assisted by 175 trained support staff. We do our best to take care of everything for our patients – records, scheduling appointments, coordinating with providers and specialists, and each of our offices has laboratory centers for tests and blood work on site.
Clinical Associates, a premier multi-specialty physicians' practice located in the northern Baltimore suburban community is seeking to hire a full-time or part-time Optometrist.
• Conduct eye exams using optometric equipment and provide general diagnostic interpretations.
• Diagnose and treat ocular disease.
• Make appropriate referrals to other medical doctors if eye conditions caused by systemic problems, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, are discovered.
• Prescribe, fit, and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids.
• Prescribe medications to treat ocular diseases and disorders.
• Perform pre- and post-operative checks.
• Recommend and educate patients on appropriate patient follow-up and care options.
• Deliver outstanding customer service through all patient interactions.
• Direct staff and assist in the development of the overall practice.
• Applied understanding of general principles of optometry and best practices for the diagnosis and treatment of eye-related disorders and conditions
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to patients of diverse backgrounds
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to comply with HIPAA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating patient information.
• General computer proficiency
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and multitasking ability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Doctor of Optometry (OD) degree from an accredited optometry program
• Active state optometry license
• Current certification with the Board of Examiners in Optometry
• Valid CPR certificate
• Two-plus years of optometrist experience required
Medical, vision and dental benefits
Long Term Disability