Optometrist - Full-Time - Federally Qualified Health Center - Millinocket, ME
Recent grads and experienced optometrists are welcome to apply!
Since 1974, our health center has provided patients of Millinocket and the surrounding communities with the highest standard of care. If you are looking to practice Optometry in a medically oriented environment where you can make a difference in the lives of your patients on a daily basis, apply today!
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid ME state license to practice optometry
- Ability to work with patients of all ages with varying eyecare needs
- Experience with diabetic care is a plus but not required
What You’ll Do:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams on approximately 15 patients per day
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease, such as glaucoma
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
Who You Are:
- Strong communicator who can communicate efficiently with all populations, from pediatric to geriatric
- Ability to work independently
- Interested in a long-term role where you can grow with the practice
Why Work Here?
- Impact: Working for a Federal Qualified Health Center (FQHC) will give you a diverse and meaningful experience. You will see first hand a truly integrated model that allows for systemic health to be taken care of. As the second largest FQHC in the state, you will experience job stability and work with a very loyal patient base.
- Compensation & Benefits: We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package!
- Location: Millinocket is a lovely, safe town in Northern Maine. Any nature lover will be in heaven here - we have rivers, forests, and mountains galore! If you are looking for peace in a natural setting, Millinocket is the place for you!
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply here today through CovalentCareers!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Christine!