Optometrist - Part-time - Vision To Learn Mobile Optometry - Atlanta, GA
Join Vision To Learn and make a direct impact in your community by helping provide vision services to school-aged children in underserved communities who would otherwise go without access to care. Competitive pay, flexible schedule, no nights, weekends or federal holidays.
Vision To Learn is the largest school-based vision care nonprofit in the country. VTL exists to address one basic premise – if you can’t see, you can’t learn. Vision To Learn provides free eye exams and free glasses to students in underserved communities to help them succeed in school and in life. Founded in Los Angeles in 2012, Vision To Learn has since expanded to schools across the country. Vision care is critical as 80% of all learning during a child’s first 12 years is visual, we work to solve the problem of lack of access by partnering with school districts to provide eye exams and glasses at no charge to families. We have provided over 1.5 million vision screening, 300,000 eye exams and 240,000 pairs of eye glasses lifetime.
Vision To Learn is seeking a qualified candidate for an Optometrist licensed to practice in Metro Atlanta, GA. This position would be up to 4 days/week. Typical hours are 8-3 (M-F). Vision To Learn partners with school districts to provide eye exams to children living in underserved communities with unmet needs for glasses. Our mobile eye clinics arrive at the school on a pre-scheduled date. We see an average of 20 students daily on our mobile clinic.
Key position responsibilities:
- Provide primary vision evaluations: check VA’s, assess binocular vision, perform a full refraction and prescribe appropriate correction, and assess ocular health
- Prescribe vision devices, tests patient on all applicable equipment to determine the most suitable for his/her condition, and instruct patient in the proper use of it
- Confirm that patient diagnosis is properly documented in the internal systems
- As the position will work on a mobile clinic, must be flexible to commute throughout the greater Dekalb, Gwinnett, Fulton, Clayton and Cobb Counties.
- Successful track record of working with children
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must pass Department of Justice background check (LiveScan) and drug test
- Experienced using EMR systems. Microsoft Office experience is preferred
- Spanish or other language skills a plus
- Successful candidates will have a proven track record for success, with positive, proactive attitudes who are dedicated to our mission. Vision To Learn is a rapidly growing organization and team players are critical to our collective success. For more information, please visit www.visiontolearn.org. Qualified applicants should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
As a direct healthcare provider and to protect the health and well-being of our employees, VTL has implemented best practices for ensuring a clean and safe work environment. Employees will be asked to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster shot and pass a Department of Justice background check/fingerprinting (LiveScan), child abuse history clearance, TB, and drug test. Vision To Learn is committed to a diverse staff and to a culture that holds equity as a value and a priority. VTL welcomes applicants who bring a variety of perspectives, experiences, and competencies. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ persons are strongly encouraged to apply. VTL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, party or political affiliation, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any illegal or prohibited factor.
PAY: $600 per day