Medical Optometrist - Part-Time / Full-Time - Private Ophthalmology Practice - Dover, DE & Seaford, DE
Eye Specialists of Delaware is hiring! Are you a driven, personable Medical Optometrist looking to make a difference in a rapidly growing, medically-oriented practice? Our three, soon to be four, locations close to the beach have earned our great reputation through offering the highest quality of care to our patients. We don’t accept any vision insurance and don’t have an optical shop. Our large glaucoma practice specializing in refractive surgery and premium cataract care offers a great opportunity to gain full-scope optometry experience in a positive and upbeat environment!
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid DE state license to practice optometry (for recent grads, can help fulfill 6-month DE internship requirement)
- Residency preferred but not required
What You’ll Do:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams on an average of 30 patients per day
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease, such as glaucoma
- Handle eye care emergencies
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
Who You Are:
- Well-rounded, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Interested in medically-oriented optometry
- Motivated self-starter who is interested in growing with the practice
- Excited about the prospect of strong patient relationships
Why Work Here?
- Environment: You will love coming to work in our friendly and upbeat environment! You will be able to devote your energy and focus on the best possible patient care, as our support staff handles all administrative duties!
- Opportunity: With less of an emphasis on refractions (approximately only 15% of your workload), you will gain diverse and invaluable experience in other areas, such as post-op care, glaucoma treatment, and eye care emergencies. You will truly be making a positive impact on the quality of life for your patients.
- Technology: You will have all the modern technology you need to be successful, including Optos, OCT, Clarus 500, G-4, Vario, IOL Master, B-scan, Visual Fields, Auto Refractor, Lipiscan/LipiFlow, and the latest in refractive surgery, WaveLight Topography-Guided LASIK.
- Location: Our idyllic communities (Dover, Seaford, Millville, and Milford) located near the beach are all wonderful places to raise a family, as you have a small-town feel with easy access to major metropolitan areas. Conveniently located a quick 1.5 - 2 hour drive from Philadelphia and Baltimore, you really get the best of both worlds.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Production bonuses
- Health Insurance - 100% paid
- Dental Insurance
- Malpractice Insurance
- Paid CE
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply here today through CovalentCareers!