Optometrist - Full-Time/Part-Time - Private Practice - Putnam, CT
Recent grads and experienced optometrists are welcome to apply!
About the Practice
Eye Care Northeast is seeking an outgoing Optometrist to join our patient-focused team on a full-time or part-time basis! We have earned our great reputation by providing our small community with the highest quality of care for over 35 years! We strive to enhance the quality of life for each and every one of our patients by treating them with respect and dignity.
We are looking for an Optometrist who is attentive to detail, a motivated self-starter, and an all around rockstar to join our medically-oriented practice!
About the Optometrist Position
As an Optometrist in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid CT state license to practice optometry
- Experience in medical optometry is preferred (But not required)
- Interest in working with patients of all ages
- Average patient load of 45 patients per day (after ramp-up period is complete)
- Outgoing and patient-oriented
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity
- Environment: Our fantastic and helpful staff will take care of all of the administrative duties so you will be able to focus your energy and care on patients. You will feel right at home in our upbeat, family-oriented environment!
- Opportunity: You will gain invaluable and diverse experience in this medically-oriented practice by working with a diverse patient population with a wide variety of eye care needs.
- Location: Scenically nestled on the banks of the Quinebaug River, Putnam is a quaint New England town. Putnam’s lovely downtown is home to many restaurants, bars, cafes, art galleries, boutiques, and theaters. Conveniently located just 1 hour from Boston and only 45 minutes from Providence, Putnam is an easy commute for those who prefer city living, as well as an idyllic community to raise a family with its great school system and low crime rate.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience ($140k annually)
- Sick Days
- Paid CE
- Paid Conferences
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here today through CovalentCareers!