Experienced ODs and new graduates are welcome to apply!
Flexible schedule, work as many or as few hours as you want!
About Our Practice
We are searching for an OD to join our team. We proudly serve the patients of New Haven and the surrounding areas with all their optometric needs. Our goal is to provide a unique individualized experience focused on patient care and customer satisfaction. We are a high volume private practice and have a strong loyal patient base coming to us for decades.
From basic refractions to medical cases, we have the equipment required to diagnose and treat everything from eye health disease to visual acuity problems in patients of all ages. You will be joining a three doctor practice and an eight member staff.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
Our new OD will be a welcoming addition to our team and family. You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal OD candidate is patient, team-oriented, and customer-oriented.
Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills