Optometrist – Maternity Leave Coverage Needed
About Our Practice
Organized, friendly, and well run practice looking for the right optometrist to fill the position of one of our treasured OD's as she takes time off to grow her family. We like to foster a positive and upbeat atmosphere where patients can come to serve all their primary eye care needs. Most exams are comprehensive with contact lenses and retinal imaging. Scope of practice is as much as the OD feels comfortable with within the CA limits.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal OD candidate is committed to delivering quality patient care and treats every patient like they are family. Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation and Benefits
TBD based on experience and the right fit.
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!