We are looking to hire an Doctor of Optometry for a part-time position in our Lakeside, California and Spring Valley, California locations.
This is a perfect opportunity for passionate individuals looking for stimulating work in a fun environment. We are dedicated to delivering personalized eyecare to our patients, as well as creating a supportive environment where you can grow as a professional!
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide patient care related to contact lenses and the diagnosis and treatment of anterior segment disease.
- Screen and manage common ocular diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, retinal disorders, diabetic eye problems, and ocular surface diseases.
- Participate in the co-management of surgical patients by providing patient education, pre-operative considerations & evaluations, and post-operative care.
- Work with young patients providing comprehensive eyecare and identifying early vision-related problems.
- Provide specialized care to patients over the age of 65, with a focus on conditions such as macular degeneration, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma.
- Provide patients with consultation regarding nutritional supplements to protect their vision and ocular health.
- Be familiar with qualifications of medically necessary contact lenses on various vision plans.