ASSOCIATE Doctor of Optometry
Perspective Optometry is seeking to hire a passionate Doctor of Optometry in the Greater Palm Springs Area. Enjoy the balance of work and personal life in an area that offers year-round sun with majestic mountain views and palm trees. There are a multitude of amenities including golf, shopping, restaurants, music festivals and more. Once seen as a retirement oasis, the Coachella Valley has attracted young families and the area is seeing rapid growth and development.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Strong optometric clinical skills
- Strong refractive skills, prism binocular testing and appropriate prescribing
- Experience with scleral lenses, RGPS, myopia management, and vision therapy preferred but not required
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills including keyboarding, versatility in software and proficiency in both Mac and Windows OS, fully integrated EHR system
- Bilingual preferred
- 2-5 years' experience post-graduate preferred but not required
- Advanced time management skills
- Ability to diagnose and treat eye-related disorders and conditions
- Analytical approach to clinical care and refractions
- ** Requirements: California TLG optometry license and Professional Liability Insurance
Looking to hire a passionate OD currently for 2-3 days a week including 2 Saturdays a month in the Greater Palm Springs Area, CA. Practice is driven to provide exceptional patient experience in an extremely organized, fun and modern environment. There is also opportunity to grow in the business if desired.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Conduct routine eye examinations including refractions
- Perform limited medical eyecare within full scope of licensure, visual field tests & OCT
- Appropriate referrals to various ophthalmology specialties with proper communication
- Excellent communication and recommendations for patients
- Special services offered at our practice include lasik co-management, myopia management, keratoconus contact lens fittings including scleral lenses, new vision therapy services. Interest in these areas is preferred but not required.
For more information please submit CV/resumé and cover letter including any scheduling or salary requirements via email to email@example.com. Please indicate if seeking full time or part time opportunities, as well as your first available hire date.
ABOUT PERSPECTIVE OPTOMETRY
Opening in January 2018, Perspective Optometry introduces a new vision for your eyes in the Coachella Valley. Perspective Optometry recognizes the subjective view of each individual's vision in the world. Perspective aspires to provide excellence in eyecare with a full scope of medical optometry services paired with a unique eyewear gallery. We believe in the power of the independent perspective in eyecare and eyewear.
- optometry is at the intersection of art + science.
- the eyes are a window to your broader health.
- healthy lifestyles make for happy people.
- your eyewear frames your perspective and makes a statement of what is uniquely you.
- Happiness is a spectacular pair of glasses.