Optometrist – Full-time/Part-time – Private Practice – Costa Mesa, CA
Experienced ODs are welcome to apply! Please only apply if you are currently licensed 3+ years
About Our Practice
We are an independently owned, private practice in Costa Mesa. We are seeking a passionate optometrist to join our family! For over 32 years, we've proudly served the individuals and families of Costa Mesa, and the surrounding communities with the highest quality of eye care. We are an upscale boutique, offering full-scope optometry. Our focus is on a strong medical environment along with a family-friendly, team-oriented atmosphere. We also have a beautiful dispensary with exclusive eyewear collections.
Our focus is on strong high quality customer/ patient service. We have a great team and culture. Our culture is that of a family like atmosphere and community. We celebrate team members birthdays each month, have a great peer to peer employee recognition program and regularly give back to charities in our communities. We utilize all the state-of-the-art technology and full EHR systems.
About the Optometrist Position
This is a unique opportunity to practice medical optometry the way you see fit. We support our doctors by encouraging growth and investing the time to ensure they are happy and comfortable in our practice.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
Our new optometrist will be a welcoming addition to our team and family! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal candidate is a team player, personable, energetic, proactive, confident in their skillset, and has strong communication skills. We are looking for someone with at least 3 years experience
Your regular duties will include:
· Perform comprehensive eye exams (You'll have quality time with the patient.
· Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
· Prescribe corrective lenses
· Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
· Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
· Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress using EHR
· Handle eyecare emergencies
What You Will Need:
· Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
· Valid CA state license to practice optometry
· Experienced clinician with at least 3 years of experience or more or a resident with one year of experience
· Well-versed in contact lenses and medical side
· Dry eye experience and residency in specialty contact lenses is a huge plus but not required
Compensation & Benefits (Full Time)
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries plus bonuses! We also offer comprehensive benefits for full-time Optometrists, including:
· Health insurance
· Dental insurance
· Sick time
· Paid holidays
· 401k with employer matching contributions (after waiting period)
· Malpractice insurance
· Licensing fees
· Continuing education