Optometrist – Part-time – Private practice – Far North Scottsdale/Carefree
About Our Practice
We are a small, private practice located near Carefree/Cave Creek. We have a great patient base and great staff. We are looking for someone to take one day per week (Friday) to give Dr. Morgan a day off.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for a talented OD to join our growing practice! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal OD candidate is committed to delivering quality patient care, and is eager to learn and develop their clinical skillset. Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams (we usually schedule 2 exams per hour)
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses (we have great opticians)
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients (our tech will do most of the work)
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry in Arizona
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
We will start out with a base per diem pay and can work up to a percentage of production. We have a great working environment and we look forward to working with you!
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!