Optometric Technician - Full-Time - Private Practice - San Antonio, TX
About the Practice
At Medina EyeCare we’re known for our quality patient care and Dr. Medina’s incredible passion for the profession. He works tirelessly to remain at the forefront of the field by regularly contributing to peer-reviewed scientific journals, lecturing nationally and internationally, serving on the editorial boards of national optometric publications, and acting as the chairman for an advisory board that works with large surgical companies throughout the world. At our practice, our employees have the ability to really benefit their fantastic community and grow alongside a committed staff. If making sure that every patient feels good about their vision while providing exquisite eye care is your passion, apply today!
About the Optometric Technician Position
Our new Optometric Technician will be an integral member of our team! We are searching for an experienced tech to join our growing practice.
As an Optometric Technician in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Obtain patient history to include chief complaint, history of present illness, past history (ocular and general), family history (ocular and general), and history of allergies and medications.
- Apply drops and perform and train new contact lens patients on the process of inserting and removing a contact lens.
- Answering phones, booking patient appointments, verifying insurance, as well as checking patients in and out of the office.
- Submitting vision insurance claims.
- Perform accurate and consistent documentation and measurement testing including Visual Acuity, Manual Lensometry, Confrontational Visual Fields, Dilation of Pupils, Contact Lens Evaluations, and more.
- Operate OCT, Optos, Visual Field, and Fundus Photography devices.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Previous experience in the eyecare industry - at least 1 year
- Prior experience with vision plans and insurance verification
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service and excellent communication skills
- Strong drive and ability to take initiative
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and accurate multi-tasker
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Compensation & Benefits: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience and a full benefits package after an initial probationary period.
- Environment: You’ll love coming to work in our customer-focused office! We have a welcoming and supportive family atmosphere, where our team always looks out for each other so that their needs are met and the patient’s needs are met.
- Location: We have been in business for over 35 years, and are the top private practice in the area! San Antonio, Dr. Medina’s birthplace and home, is a lovely city with a small-town feel town. Recently named the fastest growing city in Texas, San Antonio has so much to offer all while being very affordable.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here, today through Eyes On Eyecare!