Optometric Technician – Part-time – Private practice – Center Valley, PA
About the Optometric Technician Position
Our new Optometric Technician will be a welcome addition to our team and family who is both personable and welcoming to our patients. A passion for eyecare and general patient health is essential to providing the best experience we can!
Optometric Technician Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing and training new contact lens patients on the process of inserting and removing a contact lens from their eye.
- Must be also open to cross training (Only necessary when needed to fill in for one of our technicians.) in order to fully work-up patients, including, but not limited to: Asking pre-testing questions, performing an auto-refraction, measuring IOP, taking retinal photos, running OCT's, visual fields, measuring visual acuity and more.
- Measure single vision, bifocal and progressive glasses prescriptions with a automatic lensometer.
- Answering phones, booking patient appointments, verifying insurance, as well as checking patients in and out of the office.
- Assist the doctor with the efficiency and the flow of patient care and post patient care.
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our staff well with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Sick time
- Vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Malpractice insurance
- Licensing fees
- Continuing education (CE)
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced Optometric Technician looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!