Optometric Technician - nationwide locations
About the Practice
iRefract is a quickly growing, nation-wide network of optometry offices. We take pride in our mission of providing the best quality eye care through using the latest technology, tele-med services, and best practices developed by our network of talented optometrists. In the wake of COVID, we have also embraced additional technology to do as much electronically as possible and to make appointments easy and efficient for our clients. Our top focus is patient care and medical optometry!
We are looking for a customer-service oriented, reliable, and hardworking Optometric Technician to hit the ground running at our fantastic practice in White Marsh, MD.
We also have positions available at our practices in Spartanburg, SC and Moore, OK!
About the Optometric Technician Position
Our new Optometric Technician will be an integral member of our team! We are searching for an experienced tech to serve as a jack of all trades at our growing practice.
As an Optometric Technician in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Pre-test patients by performing pre-exams
- Verification of insurance and handling payments
- Ensure proper check-out procedures
- Perform business and administrative tasks, such as maintaining eyewear order records, keeping track of customers' prescriptions, answering phones, medical billing, and ordering & maintaining inventory
Requirements & Qualifications
- Previous experience in the eyecare industry
- Prior experience with vision plans and insurance verification
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service and excellent communication skills
- Strong drive and ability to take initiative
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and accurate multi-tasker
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Compensation & Benefits: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience ($14 - $18 hourly), PTO, Holidays, Health Insurance, Paid CE, 401k
- Environment: You’ll love coming to work in our customer-focused office! We have the best software systems available and all brand new equipment - you will have everything you need to be successful in your job!
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here, today through CovalentCareers!