Requisition ID: 649521
Store #: 006259 Pearle Vision
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
At every neighborhood Pearle Vision we believe nothing should keep patients from getting the eye care they need. Consider working for a Pearle Vision right in your community. We look for employees who are creative, energetic, and people focused looking for exciting opportunities in eye care or retail.
The Licensed Optician attracts and retains customers by delivering an exceptional customer experience, fosters customer retention, and promotes outstanding associate/doctor satisfaction
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Drives profitable store sales by fostering a retail selling culture by practicing NECE and using effective retail sales skills.
- Develops professional business relationships with other Associates and Doctors.
- Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames, to include but not limited to the following:
- Utilizing optical prescription, evaluates prescription in conjunction with customer's visual requirements;
- Asking lifestyle questions to determine customer’s vision needs;
- Recommending specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs;
- Assisting customers in the selection of frames and coordinating frames with optical measurements and prescription;
- Conducting measurements of bridge and eyesize, temple length, vertex distance, pupilary distance and optical centers using appropriate tools;
- Troubleshooting vision issues confidently and bringing to resolution for customer satisfaction;
- Aiding in training of new associates to help them understand frame and lens selection.
- Assists with ensuring each store is effectively merchandised and presented according to Planogram and other Company standards.
- Ensures high quality through accurate measurements, correct pricing, POS entry, and realistic delivery time quotes.
- Maximizes Managed Vision Care relationships and sales opportunities.
- Assists with the timely implementation of approved Marketing programs by the execution of marketing programs and initiatives, and company standards for signage and promotions.
BASIC (REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- State licensure or certification by a nationally-recognized opticianary association as an optician
- Experience and results with a retail or customer service establishment
- Ability to sell through use of sales skills and accountability for sales results
- Ability to present and implement decisive and creative solutions to issues/opportunities to grow the business
- Ability to provide enthusiastic and concise communication to meet/exceed customer expectations as well as foster positive and results-oriented associate, doctor and host relationships
- Success in store merchandising and attention to detail
- Ability to manage priorities through adaptability, willingness to take calculated risks, and follow-up.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in retail operations
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with personal computers