Requisition ID: 505864
Store #: 00B198 Third Street Promenade
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Join Team Oakley and be part of a team that pushes the boundaries of performance in sport and fuels the drive of athletes. Oakley offers products and technologies designed to meet the performance needs of the world's best athletes, enabling them to compete at the highest level possible.
The Licensed Optician fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames. The Optician also supports and assists the Management team in achieving all customer service and sales goals by learning and maintaining knowledge of the policies and procedures necessary for opening, closing, and operating the store.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames.
- Utilizes optical prescription, evaluates prescription in conjunction with customer's visual requirements.
- Recommends specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs.
- Assists customers in the selection of frames and coordinates frames with optical measurements and prescription.
- Conducts measurements of bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance and optical centers using appropriate tools.
- Provides optical service to customers as required by State law and demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Achieves high levels of sales performance and results.
- Partners with store management team to support the retail sales team, encouraging a winning-attitude and enabling the team to meet or exceed sales goals and achieve consistently high levels of customer service.
- Assists the store team in maintaining the store's visual objectives and housekeeping standards by straightening merchandise and assisting in floor and fixture changes.
- Any other tasks as assigned by any member of management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of retail sales experience within a specialty environment
- Knowledge of current optical theory and practices
- State licensure or certification by a nationally-recognized opticianary association as an optician
- Optical dispensing experience
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the store, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship building skills
- Ability to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the sales floor or stock room
- Ability to maneuver merchandise and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Physical activities include engaging in repetitive motions, bending, kneeling, twisting, stretching, squatting, pushing, pulling, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, reaching and/or using a step stool on a frequent basis
- Knowledge of Oakley, Inc. and Oakley products
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and sports-minded individual