Front Desk - Optician - Optical Sales Associate - Part-Time - Private Practice - Center Valley, PA
About the Practice
We’re looking for a full-time, experienced optician to work at our unique and incredible practice. We work closely with the St. Luke’s Endocrinology group, which allows us to make a significant impact in helping people with diabetes and endocrine disorders, along with vision disorders. Dr. Rammohan believes strongly in this spirit of giving and altruism.
We believe that our employees are the heart of our practice. The skills and attitudes, which they convey to our patients, have a much greater impact than anything else our practice provides. If you are a personable and hardworking Optician looking to work at a practice where we truly care for our patients and always provide our best care, apply today!
As an optician you will ensure that our patients have a rewarding experience that will keep them coming back and referring friends and family. We need someone who is willing to put on their A game at all times! You must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, pick up technology quickly, meet sales goals, educate patients on eyewear and work as a team to meet our practice profit objectives.
- Lead patients through the selection and purchase of designer frames, sunglasses and contact lenses.
- Understand product features, and help customers determine what types of products would look best on them.
- Articulate the features of various lenses to our patients.
- Ensure that all sales transactions are completed and recorded accurately.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of all product knowledge information, promotions, upcoming sales and events and advertised products.
- Explain insurance benefits to patients.
- Adjust and fit eyewear for patients.
- Troubleshoot eyewear for patients.
- Clerical and administrative duties, including but not limited to: answering calls, verifying Insurances, submitting lab orders, scheduling appointments, and vision and insurance billing.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience selling products to customers.
- Proven track record of generating sales growth.
- Customer service experience.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems.
- Superior telephone skills.
- Ability to dress fashionably to include tasteful jewelry and make-up for women.
What You’ll Need:
- A friendly personality and great customer service skills
- Team player mentality with a strong work ethic and multitasking skills
- Minimum of one year of experience working in opticals
- Vision Insurance, optometry, and medical knowledge are a plus!
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Environment - Our practice is in a medical building, allowing us the opportunity to work hand in hand with an endocrinologist, as well as the local hospital, which refers the majority of their patients to us. We specialize in diabetic eye exams and dry eye care, and have an expansive selection of high end frames for sale in the boutique, so every day will be exciting, busy, and rewarding!
- Location - Center Valley is a cozy town in the heart of Lehigh County, situated in the corridor between Philadelphia and New York with easy access to both! Lehigh County has beautiful parks, parkways, and lakes where our people can enjoy throwing around a ball with some friends or hiking through our beautiful scenery. Families will find plenty to do with our incredible amusement parks, and those looking to better themselves have their choice of several institutions of higher education!
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply today here through Eyes On Eyecare!