Optician - Full-Time - Private Practice - Southwest Florida
About the Practice
With multiple locations across Florida, Quigley Eye Specialists is a premier surgical and eye care clinic. Our mission is to continue to be technology leaders in eye care and one of the nation’s leading multi-specialty ophthalmology practices, Quigley Eye Specialists creates patients for life by providing the highest level of quality eye care and service to the community. We accomplish this through our caring staff, our skilled medical team, and by using the most advanced technology to ensure every patient’s best possible vision. If you are a personable and hardworking Optician looking to work at a practice where we truly care for our patients and always provide our best care, apply today!
What You’ll Do:
A passion for eyecare, a desire for technical excellence, and insistence on the highest level of individual productivity are essential to providing the best experience we can. As an optician in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Delivering the daily sales goal by flawless execution of a superior patient experience.
- Following all operating policies and procedures at the highest level to include training, timely and accurate implementation of approved marketing/merchandising programs and promotions.
- Ensuring accuracy in all transactions/interactions with the patient.
- Following up to ensure appropriate turn-around time from ordering to dispensing order.
- Educating patients on current products based on patient exam plan and lifestyle interview
- Maintaining accurate and organized patient records.
- Cultivating an expert opticianry skillset: Lensometry, reading and understanding prism, basic eyeglass repair, fitting and adjusting frames, lens identification, and measurement.
- Handling property management issues by maintaining daily care protocols and reporting any maintenance or repair requests to the team leader.
- Performing clerical and administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to: answering calls, verifying Insurances, submitting lab orders, scheduling appointments, and vision and insurance billing.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 or more years experience in optical retail or ECP office.
- A friendly personality and great customer service skills.
- Team player mentality with a strong work ethic and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to support problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- Skills in operating computers, word processing software, fax machines, and copier machines
- Light physical work--Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Environment - This is the perfect opportunity for an optician looking for growth professionally and personally. Our practice handles many medical exams, specialty exams, and contact lens fittings, so an optician who joins us will be able to work with and help a wide patient demographic.
- Location - Our practices have been providing care to our communities since 1998, and we’ve developed a great reputation for our contributions, which extend past just the office. Our practice donates, volunteers, and gives back to the community in any way possible.
- Equal Opportunity - Quigley Eye Specialists and affiliates are committed to diversity and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply today here through Eyes On Eyecare!