Optician - Full-time - Private Practice - Jacksonville, FL
No experience is required as long as you are licensed!
About the Practice
Our goal is to make eyecare easy and affordable for our patients. We simply offer Eyeglasses and contact lenses with the intent to make folks see better. Our MO is all about folks having an efficient and pleasant experience and keeping eyecare easy and accessible for them. If you are a personable and hardworking Optician looking to take the next step in your career, apply today!
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a full-time Optician to work 9 AM to 6 PM Monday to Saturday, with at least 3 Saturdays necessary out of the month. This opportunity has the potential to be a straightforward Optician role as well as a managerial role if the right candidate is interested! Responsibilities include:
- Helping with the measurements, and dispensing.
- Walking patients through the sales process and helping with questions.
- Greeting all patients and customers as they enter the store
- Identifying patient needs to ensure an easy and memorable experience
- Providing recommendations on products and services available
- Attaining sales goals established by the management team while complying with company and local policies and procedures.
- Assisting patients and customers to choose products and services that suit their budget and eyecare needs.
- Identifying and troubleshooting problems related to prescriptions to resolve customer complaints, diffuse unsatisfied patients, and provide solutions to remedy situations.
- Measuring, fitting, and adapting lenses and frames for clients according to written optical prescription or specification, determining the specifications of lenses, making minor repairs or adjustments to eyewear, etc.
- Ensuring brand standards by performing basic housekeeping duties when necessary
- Other duties as assigned and required
- Additional Sales Manager Responsibilities include:
- Opening up and closing the store and they support the store.
- Selling and managing other employees
- Support training, coaching, and development of retail associates.
- Analyzing daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reports to ensure all staff members are achieving desired goals.
- Resolving customer issues and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Communicating and executing the company’s standards and directives to staff.
- Assuming responsibility for other duties as developed.
What You’ll Need:
- Licensed in FL and GA as an Optician
- .ABO and NCLE licensed.
- Friendly personality and expert multitasking skills
- Team player mentality with a dependable work ethic
- Desire to learn and grow with the practice
- Experience preferred!
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Environment - You’ll love coming to work in our fast-paced, high-volume practice! Our friendly team and returning customers will make you feel right at home. We’re committed to making every experience unique to our patients and our team’s needs!
- Compensation - Competitive pay commensurate with experience, and, eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, and sick time! If you are licensed in another State, we are willing to pay for your licensing fees in FL! We can also offer a relocation bonus of $5000 for those looking to move to Jacksonville! The bonus would be payable after 30 days of service.
- Location - If you are a sunshine and beach lover, look no further than Jacksonville! Jacksonville has a bustling downtown filled with top-quality shops, restaurants, and bars. We have a large culinary scene and are home to major league sports teams, including the Jaguars. We have amazing beaches and easy access to all kinds of water sports, including boating, fishing, and more! With Jacksonville being one of the largest cities in the U.S. we have something for everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply today here through Eyes On Eyecare®!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Priti!