Optician - Full-Time/Part-Time - Private Practice - San Francisco, CA
About the Practice
We are a third-generation private practice optometry office that has been providing each patient with the highest quality vision solutions and exceptional customer service since 1949! With over 60 years of experience and the most up-to-date technology, we strive to keep your vision and ocular health in excellent shape. If you are a personable and hardworking Optician looking to work at a practice where we truly care for our patients and always provide our best care, apply today!
What You’ll Do:
As an optician in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Receive our customers' prescriptions for eyeglasses or contact lenses from our Doctors of Optometry,
- Pre-test patients, take eyewear measurements, and adjust eyewear to ensure they meet our standards
- Understanding our products and familiarity with sales so that you can educate patients about their eyewear options and assist them in selecting eyeglass frames and lenses that work best for their needs
- Providing the highest standards of customer service
- Edging lenses on Mr. Blue 2.0
- Clerical and administrative duties, including but not limited to: answering calls, verifying Insurances, submitting lab orders, scheduling appointments, vision and insurance billing, as well as helping with contact lenses and pre-testing if interested
What You’ll Need:
- A friendly personality and great customer service skills
- Team player mentality with a strong work ethic, multitasking skills, and attention to detail
- Vision Insurance, optometry, and medical knowledge are a plus!
- Adaptability to change in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills dedicated to making people happy
- Natural ability in building a client following
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Environment - This is the perfect opportunity for an optician looking for growth professionally and personally. Our practice handles many medical exams, specialty exams, and contact lens fittings, so an optician who joins us will be able to work with and help a wide patient demographic. We believe in having a healthy work-life balance, so our office hours are Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM, and Saturday from 8:30 AM to 12 PM. We are looking for someone with flexibility in their hours!
- Compensation - Our opticians are well-compensated, commensurate with experience, receiving between $22.00 - $34.00 per hour. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package:
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Even more!
- Location - We are a full-scope private practice optometry office family-owned in nob hill since 1949! We have one of the largest optical dispensaries in the city as well as fit regular and specialty contact lenses. San Francisco, the Golden City, is the perfect locale for anyone who has ever longed for city life. It’s well known for its cool summers, cinematic fog, steep rolling hills, and wealth of noticeable landmarks, including the Golden Gate Bridge, its cable car network, the former Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary, Fisherman's Wharf, and its Chinatown district.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply today here through Eyes On Eyecare!