Optician - Full-time - Vision To Learn Mobile Optometry - San Bernardino, CA
About the Practice
Vision To Learn is the largest school-based vision care nonprofit in the country. VTL exists to address one basic premise – if you can’t see, you can’t learn. More than 2 million students go to school each day without the glasses they need to see the board, read a book, or participate in class.
Since the program was founded in Los Angeles in 2012, Vision To Learn has provided more than 1.5 million vision screenings, 300,000 eye exams, and over 240,000 pairs of glasses to kids in need throughout areas of California, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, Georgia, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania, and we are rapidly expanding our work to support kids in communities across the United States.
Vision To Learn is seeking a qualified candidate for an Optician in San Bernardino. This position will be full time 5 days/week beginning in Fall 2021.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct vision screenings in predetermined sites
- Oversee the operation of our mobile eye clinic. Load, secure, inspect, and fuel vehicle before and as necessary during the course of the shift.
- Responsible for safe transportation of the vehicle to predetermined site visits and return to a secure parking facility.
- Keep the vehicle and internal work area within the vehicle organized and clean for safety and efficiency.
- Maintain the highest possible professional standards in all activities from driving performance to customer service.
- Set up the clinic, monitor inventory, and ensure that all patient and administrative paperwork facilitates an efficient workflow.
- Conduct pre-testing for eye examinations and maintain the highest possible professional standard.
- Assist patients with selecting frames and measure patients for size of eyeglasses.
- Coordinate frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescription.
- Receive, sort, and conduct quality checks on glasses orders.
- Dispense and adjust glasses on patients.
- Prepare and maintain daily reports.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs and to exert well-paced mobility for an 8-hour shift including standing, walking, bending, and squatting
What You’ll Need:
- Optician Diploma; Optician certification preferred
- Valid driver's license required with a good driving record; driving transcript must be provided
- Successful track record of working with children and school administrators
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must pass Department of Justice background check (LiveScan) and drug test
- Experience using Microsoft Office – outlook, excel, word; EMR systems experience a plus.
- Spanish or other language skills a plus
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Environment - Team players are critical to Vision To Learn’s growth and success. We’re committed to building a diverse staff and to creating a culture that holds equity as a value and a priority. VTL welcomes applicants who bring a variety of perspectives, experiences, and competencies. As a direct healthcare provider and to protect the health and well-being of our employees, VTL has implemented best practices for ensuring a clean and safe work environment. Employees will be asked to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and pass a Department of Justice background check/fingerprinting (LiveScan), TB, and drug test.
- Schedule & Influence - Working with Vision To Learn offers ODs, a schedule that allows for great work-life balance, and the ability to make a real difference in lives every day.!
If you are interested in working in a fluid, constantly moving environment that will allow you to grow both personally and professionally while making a positive impact on young people's lives, apply today through Eyes On Eyecare!