Optician - Full-time - Private Practice - Fremont, CA
About the Practice
Fremont Optometric Group is a fast-paced, multi-doctor optometric practice looking for the right individual to assist patients in frame/lens selection for our patients. With multiple years serving the community, our practice is well-renowned and a well-oiled machine.
If you are a personable and hardworking Optician, if you make people feel comfortable while educating them, and if you’re looking to take the next step in your career, apply today!
What You’ll Do:
As an optician in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Perform auxiliary testing as ordered by doctor and enter results in electronic record.
- Evaluate patient's vocational and avocational visual requirements by reviewing optical requirements
- Measure patient for bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical center of eyes using millimeter rule and light reflex pupillometer
- Help patients select frames by offering commentary on styles, colors, coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions
- Complete electronic lab order
- Educate patients by offering instructions in eyeglass and contact lens care and use
- Complete all spectacle and contact lens ordering information in electronic record
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
What You’ll Need:
- At least one year of Optician experience required
- Exceptional customer service
- Strong knowledge of computers and the ability to learn new software quickly is a must!
- Willingness to cross-train and learn different tasks
- Ability to multitask and handle pressure effectively
- Familiarity with Vision Insurances
- Familiarity with VSP billing, Revolution software, and frame board management a plus
- ABO certified a plus
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Environment - You’ll love coming to work in our family-friendly atmosphere! Our friendly team and returning customers will make you feel right at home. Although we are a franchise, we operate and feel more like a private practice, due to our longstanding legacy and repeat customers!
- Compensation & Benefits - Competitive pay of $15 - $22 hourly, commensurate with experience. Full-time benefits after 3-month probationary period as well, including:
- Production Bonuses
- Medical benefit
- Vision benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- IRA retirement compensation program
- Staff Events
- Location - A beautiful city in the San Francisco Bay Area with gorgeous lakes, fantastic historical sites chronicling the history of the area from the missions to historic farms, and a convenient rapid transport system providing easy access to San Francisco and other cities in the area. Fremont is a perfect location for anyone who wants more activities than they can count at their fingertips.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply today here through CovalentCareers!