Ophthalmologist – Full-time – Ophthalmology Practice – Kissimmee, FL
About Our Practice
Our office is a multi-specialty comprehensive medical optometry and surgical ophthalmology practice that has proudly served the Kissimmee and Orlando areas for years. As one of Central Florida’s most trusted eye care centers, we’re looking for an experienced and personable Ophthalmologist to join our team and offer our patients the convenience of being treated by an ophthalmologist for all medical cases--no surgery required from our MD for certain cases!
Ophthalmologist Job Duties & Responsibilities
Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Perform therapeutic procedures and biopsies
- Build strong doctor-patient relationships
- Determine if surgery is needed or just treatment
- See 30 to 50 patients a day after ramp up time
Ophthalmologist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- A medical degree in ophthalmology
- Successful completion of an ophthalmology internship/residency
- Valid FL state license to practice ophthalmology
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Cataract or glaucoma specialty at the very minimum
- Preferably board-certified
- A willingness to be in a fast-paced setting
- An eagerness to always learn and expand your skill set
- Spanish speaking preferable but not required
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
Schedule: Our 8-5 Monday-Friday schedule with no weekends is a great opportunity for a doctor to join a phenomenal practice and still have time to themselves. You would be working 4 days in our Kissimmee location and Thursday in our Orlando location, only 20 miles away.
Opportunity: This is an incredible opportunity to train and work with a reputable Ophthalmologist with 30 years of experience, shadow him, and ultimately take over more responsibility and autonomy so that the head MD can step down and do less! Our head MD has a multi-specialty doctoral background and will be able to provide our new MD with much more experience and exposure to various cases than at other locations. We have a full ambulatory surgery center right on-site and are Triple AAAHC certified.
Location: Kissimmee is a great place to raise a family, and is within 20 minutes of Orlando and Disneyworld!
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries, $175-$250k base plus bonus, as well as full benefits after 90 days, including:
- Sick time
- Licensing fees
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Priti!