Ophthalmic Technician – Full-time – Private practice – 2900 W Germantown Pike, Norristown, PA 19403, USA
About our Practice
Busy optometry practice located in the greater King of Prussia area. Wonderful loyal patient base. We are a medically oriented practice with advanced technological diagnostic testing. Our optical services are very accommodating to all financial requirements and accept a limited number of vision plans. Our optical laboratory is offsite utilizing the highest quality products offered in the industry.
About the Ophthalmic Technician Position
Our new Ophthalmic Technician will be a welcomed addition to our team and family who is both personable and welcoming to our patients. A passion for eyecare and general patient health is essential to providing the best experience we can!
Ophthalmic Technician Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting doctor with working up patients/scribing
- Performing and training new contact lens patients on the process of inserting and removing a contact lens from their eye.
- Asking pre-testing questions, performing an auto-refraction, measuring IOP, taking retinal photos, running OCT's, visual fields, measuring visual acuity and more.
- Helping with frame selection, education on lens choices and coatings, frame adjustments, and sales.
- Measure single vision, bifocal and progressive glasses prescriptions with a manual lensometer.
- Answering phones, booking patient appointments, verifying insurance, as well as checking patients in and out of the office.
- Submitting vision insurance claims.
- Ordering patient products including frames, lenses, contact lenses, sunglasses, and more.
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our staff well with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Sick time
- Vacation days
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Retirement plan
- Medical Insurance options
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced Ophthalmic Technician looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!