Ophthalmic Technician - Full Time - Private Practice - Binghamton, NY
About the Practice
For more than 40 years, Binghamton Eye Associates has proudly served the complete eye care needs of patients in Binghamton and the surrounding communities. It is our mission to provide the best quality eye care in an ethical and caring manner. With our combined in-depth knowledge, state-of-the-art technology, and advanced surgical procedures, we are committed to preserving, enhancing, and restoring the gift of sight.
Our close-knit team consists of ophthalmologists, optometrists, opticians, technicians, and administrative support staff. Some of our team members have been with us for over 35 years. Our office features 10 exam lanes fully equipped with advanced technology such as Zeiss OCT, Humphrey Visual Field, and more.
This is a full-time hourly position with hours of work and days Monday through Friday, typically 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., including 1 evening past 5 p.m. and occasional early mornings or late evenings as required. If you're interested in becoming a part of a great team and growing your career, this is the position for you!
About the Ophthalmic Technician Position
Our new technician will be an integral member of our team! We are searching for a talented OD to join our growing practice.
As an ophthalmic technician in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Educate all patients in office procedures, the purpose of all tests, and how said tests will affect them
- Perform testing including but not limited to:
- Visual Fields including Matrix
- OCT of disc and macula
- Slit lamp exam
- Auto refractor
- Accurately obtain and record patient history to include chief complaint, history of present illness, past history (ocular and general), family history (ocular and general), and history of allergies and medications.
- Perform accurate and consistent documentation and measurement tasks to include:
- Test patient’s far acuity and near acuity.
- Perform pinhole test, pupil size, shape and abnormalities.
- Color vision test and stereo test,
- Read patient’s glasses on lensometer and clean glasses.
- Clean and stock exam rooms as well as testing rooms.
- Additional duties as required to assist in the clinic. This may include assisting the front office with tasks such as filing, faxing or answering phones, etc.
Ophthalmic Technician Position & Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Experience in optometry practice is a plus!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Personable; empathetic with patient’s needs and concerns
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team member
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Team - Join a passionate team with decades of experience and a commitment to mentoring you and expanding your eye care knowledge.
- Exposure - Work with a diverse population of patients using the most modern technology and techniques.
- Location - Binghamton is a beautiful little town with an abundance of activities to do. The city is within driving distance of many large metropolitan areas to take a short trip away. The Adirondack Mountains are near by as well, with an abundance of activities for all seasons of the year. The active nightlife and the state university around the corner bring excitement to the city. It’s a great place for young professionals and families to live and grow in. Come be a part of our "hometown" team!
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here, today through CovalentCareers!