Ophthalmic Technician - Full-time - Private Practice - Southwest Florida
About the Practice
With multiple locations across Florida, Quigley Eye Specialists is a premier surgical and eye care clinic. Our mission is to continue to be technology leaders in eye care and one of the nation’s leading multi-specialty ophthalmology practices, Quigley Eye Specialists creates patients for life by providing the highest level of quality eye care and service to the community. We accomplish this through our caring staff, our skilled medical team, and by using the most advanced technology to ensure every patient’s best possible vision. If you are a personable and hardworking Ophthalmic Tech looking to work at a practice where we truly care for our patients and always provide our best care, apply today!
About the Ophthalmic Technician Position
Our new Ophthalmic Technician will be a welcome addition to our team and family! A passion for eyecare, a desire for technical excellence, and insistence on the highest level of individual productivity are essential to providing the best experience we can.
As an Ophthalmic Technician in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Obtain patient history to include chief complaint, history of present illness, past history (ocular and general), family history (ocular and general), and history of allergies and medications.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, and ocular medications
- Work with HVF, Lensometry, Keratometry, Tonometry, Visual Fields, Amslers, Muscle Fields, Pupil Exams, and Refracting
- Utilize EMR computer programs; experience with Compulink is preferred
- Perform general duties and other functions as required or assigned
- Perform accurate and consistent documentation and measurement testing including Visual Acuity, Manual Lensometry, Confrontational Visual Fields, Dilation of Pupils, Contact Lens Evaluations, and more!
Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum one-year experience working in the ophthalmology field
- Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) preferred
- medical assistant (MA) preferred
- a similar equivalent experience
- The use of kindness, empathy, and patience when working with colleagues and patients
- Attention to detail; ensuring accuracy in work
- Ability to multi-task and ensure deadlines are met consistently
- Ability to work as a team member, collaboratively and positively
- Flexibility in job assignments
- Experience in a fast-paced clinic environment
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Environment - As a group, we value our community, and our employees and team members are members of that community. We hold our team to a high standard and provide them with the tools and empowerment to meet that standard!
- Location - Our practices have been providing care to our communities since 1998, and we’ve developed a great reputation for our contributions, which extend past just the office. Our practice donates, volunteers, and gives back to the community in any way possible.
- Equal Opportunity - Quigley Eye Specialists and affiliates are committed to diversity and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you are an optimistic and experienced Ophthalmic Technician looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here today through Eyes On Eyecare!