Medical Receptionist Ophthalmology - Full-Time - Private Practice - Los Angeles (Lawndale), CA
Spanish Speaking / Bilingual is a necessity!
About the Practice
At SouthBAY Laser Eye Center, our mission is to provide a patient-centric experience, and we specialize in serving LA’s South Bay community with cataract and Lasik surgery, and so much more! We are looking to add a personable and self-motivated administrative professional to join our Ophthalmology Practice. Our ideal candidates will be eager to provide attentive care and promote positive patient experiences!
What You’ll Do:
As a medical secretary in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Processing insurance verification and requesting HMO authorizations
- Checking patients in/out of appointments and acting as the face of the organization, ensuring our patients have a great experience from beginning to end
- Maintaining the schedule and appointments for multiple in-house providers
- Verifying and inputting patient demographic and insurance information
- Processing copays and collecting outstanding balances
- Clerical responsibilities such as: answering multi-line phones, responding to all emails and messages, faxing and scanning documents
- Maintaining front desk and waiting room appearance to our standard of quality
What You’ll Need:
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfort with technology and willingness to learn how to utilize new equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and thorough work ethic
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Teamwork skills and a willingness to work closely with other office staff are essential
- Previous reception experience required, medical office experience preferred
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel between three office locations in Lawndale, Beverly Hills, and Marina del Rey.
- Bilingual / Spanish speaking is a requirement
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Environment - As a team, we genuinely enjoy working together and providing a supportive environment where each member can grow professionally and individually. You will work closely with our staff and doctors to organize day-to-day patient matters.
- Schedule - Our full-time schedule allows for our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance. On Monday through Friday, we’re looking for a 9:00 AM -- 5:00 PM schedule, allowing you to have the weekends for yourself!
- Compensation - Our family atmosphere extends to offering our staff great packages-- we’re offering $20.00-22.00 per hour depending on experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
- Location - Lawndale is a great place to live and work as we are close to great beaches and a perfect mix of suburban and urban feel! Conveniently located a quick 15-minute drive from Manhattan Beach and LAX, the opportunities here are endless!
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply today here through Eyes On Eyecare!